Complete France Forum

The Bickering Thread

TWINKLE

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote user="Frenchie"]It's just zat I don't understand what ze man wrote!! [:D][/quote]

Et voila !It is a leetle voiture du course, comme ça..................................

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Michaeleff/Westfield.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Gluestick, that car is gorgeous, I must admit..

I ve been in a Cobra in the UK, and it was fab! What's yours?

[/quote]

Just an 'umble Beema, Ma'am.

I'm not allowed to have anything more exciting as yet, 'cos she whom must be obeyed reckons I'm already far too idle and would get nothing done at all if I had another fun car to play with.

One day, however.

Now this is what I have promised myself. A Jag "C" type replica from Racing Green, 'cos I can't afford the odd £million or so for a real one!

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Michaeleff/img02.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Funny, they do absolutely nothing for me, Gluey (we have to find something to bicker about).

250 LM and you're talking.

[/quote]

Ah!

But the Ferrari is from a much later era, JE!

All of the tasty cars from 1953 ish were front engined, Twin OHC and mainly sixes: Massers, Jags, Ferraris, Alfas. Astons, Lagondas.

The noise of a racing Jag on straight pipes being pedalled briskly is magic to the ears of the soul!

Oh lala  .. Now that shouldn't be on the bickering thread cos I prefer Gluestisk's ones........

Maybe cos I'm French.......

Do you like this oen Gluestick?

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/Cobra2.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Sorry Frenchie, but handling is all.  And for that the engine needs to be as close to the car's centre of gravity as possible.  ie, directly behind her lugholes![/quote]

Ah, JE, but learning to drive sideways through the twisty bits under throttle, was what taught all the best racers how to drive properly.

Like Hawthorn: who won the World Championship in a Ferrari, or course. With it's engine up front.

It was John Cooper of course who first tried a single seater with the engine behind the pilot. (In a GP car).

I rolled Brabham's Cooper-Climax up and down the stand at the Racing Car Show with one hand! Only a few inches mind!

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

"Now this is what I have promised myself. A Jag "C" type replica from Racing Green, 'cos I can't afford the odd £million or so for a real one!"

My father had one and a D Type, bought them from Duncan Hamilton.  For the road he had an XK 140.  Those were the days!  [:)]

[/quote]

Great shame he didn't give them to you, Christine!

You would be a multi-millionairess!

(Perhaps you already are!)

I had an XK150 for a short while.

Wondrous cars.

Archived