Complete France Forum

Married for 14 years

TWINKLE

We've been married 14 years next Saturday (also my birthday[:)]) 

Lead symbolises this particular milestone apparently - no jokes about lead balloons please.  I feel like giving him something special this year.  Any ideas? (apart from a medal[Www])

Ta!

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

We've been married 14 years next Saturday (also my birthday[:)]) 

Lead symbolises this particular milestone apparently - no jokes about lead balloons please.  I feel like giving him something special this year.  Any ideas? (apart from a medal[Www])

Ta!

[/quote]

Lots of pencils with his name on [:)]

Door stop, paperweight ?

Correct, never heard of a 'lead' anniversary for anything. Had our Ruby last month [;-)]

1 paper

2 cotton

3 leather

4 linen

5 wood

6 iron

7 wool

8 bronze

9 pottery

10 tin

11 steel

12 silk

13 lace

14 ivory

15 crystal

20 chinaware

25 silver

30 pearl

35 coral

40 ruby

45 sapphire

50 gold

55 emerald

60 diamond

65 blue sapphire

70 platinum

Thanks for your replies - very funny Peter G!  I found this list and just assumed it was correct.

http://www.euroflorist.fr/layouts/EFContentPageBase.aspx?id=1004301925

I'm not sure I want to give him anything ivory - I'm a bit of a protector of that sort of thing[:(] 

Oh well at least he doesn't have to worry about getting me anything - he's already given me an ivory tower[:)]

hmmm, unfortunately Mr. Nectarine saw this list on the computer and has seen that I have been fibbing about our forthcoming 2-year anniversary which I had told him was 'emerald' and I had been dropping heavy hints about going into town to find me a suitable present at a jewellers.  Now he knows that our anniversary is actually 'cotton', so he's planning to buy me a tea-towel! 

I remember the time the Furry lad took me up the Conor Pass. It was the anniversary of our 2nd month together, It was a beautiful day, and we drove from Anascaul to Dingle and it was truly breath taking. He stopped the car and we got out and he said "this is from me to you" I looked out and said what is? He said "I am giving you this view" It was so romantic and no one had ever given me a view before. I really loved it and still do. So give yer fella a view for your anniversary. I know they can be difficult to wrap up, but it will be worth the effort.

[quote user="Tom"]

Elephants make very useful presents. They never forget anniversaries. [:D]

[/quote]

I knew a bloke once who used to keep a stock of already-written Anniversary Cards in the glovebox of his car.

When (as he always did) he got home and his OH handed over her card to him, he'd say "Just got to .........."

Archived