Complete France Forum

Does It Ever Rain In France?

Grecian

Now don't get me wrong, having spent the last 12 months in the UK before me moved to France living in West Yorkshire very close to The Pennines, where it never seemed to stop raining, I am more than happy to see the sunshine. But as it has probably only rained about twice in the last two months in Deux Sevres, the weather is causing severe problems trying to keep things alive in the garden, with no well, and empty water butts. [:(] I have to ask the question is this normal for France this time of year, or do we have to blame all les vaches, and their windy tummies causing the planet to warm up, thus making life really difficult keeping my veggies alive!

It's called summer!

Where we are in the Gard we have rainstorms from time to time sometimes quite spectacular, but it never sits there and drizzles day after day, never just 'grey's at us. We really appreciate the blue skies and sun, particularly in November and February when the Thames Valley is so often grey. But we don't have a garden in France, just pots - so I don't have your problem.

Jo

I feel very let down now Bugbear, there I was building myself up for massive downpour, and what did we get this morning, a 15 minute thunderstorm, better than nothing some might say, but it only managed to fill the water butts about a quarter of an inch. Still best not to complain, so I guess it's back to the hosepipe, and watch the water meter start to whizz around again. [+o(]

Gosh, I find this incredible. I returned to the UK the first part of July and up until then the weather was horrible in France (Dordogne). It was grey and rainy most days.  It figures the moment I leave the summer hits.[:(] Having said that, that only allows for two months of good weather. From what I understand there was no Spring at all and a complete wash out for early summer.

Archived