Complete France Forum

When a confession isn't really about owning up

mint

It seems that in Northern Ireland it is not so much her political/financial transgressions that are of interest but her moral transgressions. It appears that she has presented herself as a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, fundamentalist christian who regards homosexuality as worse than paedophilia.

The BBC Christianity forum is buzzing with comment about her.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbreligion/F2213235?thread=7199281

On first hearing of it, I thought what energy she must have; then when I heard her lover's age, was amazed! [:D]

Now I have concerns for Northern Ireland; things have not been going well, and this could lead to all sorts of political problems, besides their private family concerns. [:(]

One of my mottoes has always been " If all else fails tell the truth but not necessarily the whole truth". Her confession is a feeble attempt to deflect investigation into the financial chicanery of the family. Mind you, what is the point of being in politics if you can't get rich?

John

BTW - is DUP an abbreviation for duplicitous?

Ok, guys, but don't forget, it was Sweet's insomnia that enable you to hear about this first on the Forum!!!

Just joking, haven't followed the saga: it's just too, too banal and, besides, OH didn't like her looks![:-))]

Too banal sweets?  [:D] You chateau dwellers must be rolling in dosh.  [Www]

The Robinsons were already facing a backlash over their joint income of more

than £500,000 per annum including expenses, with a further £150,000 in wages

for four relatives, including two of their children.

I don't suppose that would cover heating the chateau for the Winter?

Spot on, Dog, I couldn't agree more.  Used to be furious when I saw that Adams and McGuiness acting as though they were whiter than white.

Then, there were all the convicted terrorists that they set free.

And now, these awful people.......

What is it about Northern Ireland that is so important to the British Union? They've been nothing but trouble, as far as I'm concerned but then, what do I know, I'm only Sweet on the LF Forum!

Yes, indeed, what is it about these pimply youths that mature women (who should know better) find so fascinating?

I read that the celebrity Sam Taylor Wood (not quite sure what she is famous for) is pregnant by her 19-year old toy boy.

Perhaps there is something about the age of 19 but I can't, for the life of me, think what is is?

Cendrillon, can you enlighten me, perhaps?[;-)]

Whatever she did in her private life is up to her as far as I can see.  It's when she uses her position in the political world to get her boyfriend grants that hacks me off and the fact that she's a right wing Calvinist who seems to be able to find make comments on other people's private lives and beliefs whilst she's off shagging some yoof totally acceptable.

And nice to see Robinson himself brought down a peg or two, another one of Paisley's acolytes getting his come-uppance, talk about humour and charisma bypass.

It always seems odd that - like the Falklands - it's always the beliefs of the people in NI that are trotted out about staying in the UK or being linked to the UK. 

Why not ask the rest of the country if they want NI as part of the UK or, before the Falklands War started, whether we should have The Falklands as part of the UK's 'Empire'?  Oh no, that may give HMG the uncomfortable position of the majority saying something that they don't want to hear.  Sounds familiar still.

Mr Robinson is no better or worse than Adams and McGuiness. I can remember sitting in my uncles house in Southern Ireland many years back watching Robinson and a mate set about two Garda with baseball bats, interesting to note that now he has become a professional politician like Adams and McGuiness the footage can't be found by Googling. They are all ex criminals. I think this is a bit of moral justice being dealt out here and its nice to see the two faced bar-steward on the receiving end.

As for Mrs Robinson well good for her, I bet there are a few women at her age who would mind a bit of rumpy bumby with a nice fit athletic 19 year old.

The problem with NI and a referendum is that it would have to be a whole of the UK one and lets be honest most of us would have voted to give it back. The problem comes is if you had the same referendum in Southern Ireland asking if they wanted it back, the answer would have been no. I remember my uncles and cousins talking about this in a bar over there. They all basically said the same which was build a brick wall across and that they considered both the republicans and the IRA 'up north' as scum and a bunch of criminals.

As for the 'IRA' don't think its gone away, its still robbing banks and is the biggest importer and distributor of drugs. Most young NI people now consider them as just plain criminals and consider them as the mafia of Northern Ireland. If it's illegal and makes money then they are involved.

[quote user="sweet 17"]Yes, indeed, what is it about these pimply youths that mature women (who should know better) find so fascinating?

Perhaps there is something about the age of 19 but I can't, for the life of me, think what is is?[/quote]

I couldn't possibly comment [Www] except to say stamina and control spring to mind [;-)]

Archived