Complete France Forum

Оставьте мой картофель в покое.

Bugsy

I have a retired medecin friend who owns a private woodland with a very upmarket wooden chalet which he uses for summer barbecues and his private chasse days. The rest of the year it is unoccupied and had attracted the attention of burglars and poachers in the past.

When we went there to look at the problem of his carrelage lifting from the wooden floor I had to stand back while he disabled his boobytraps, he had trip wires around the balcony which were connected to spring loaded devices holding shotgun cartridges, apparently they can easily be bought in France but his use of them was illegal.

He had removed the shot from the cartridges and replaced them with rocksalt (ouch!) and they have been discharged on 3 occasions over the years, each time another Doctor in the town informed him about the patient they were treating.

Bit over the top - you can buy blank cartridges with trips in UK but I prefer the explosive bangs used in films. Big noise and smoke if you want or a machine gun crack crack they go off with anything over 4 volts applied. On my motorcycle shed in UK I also had an alarm with an old siren from a firestation that could be heard miles away. If it went off you had ringing in your ears for days.

Archived