Complete France Forum

Japanese strays

Hoddy

I just read this in The Sunday Times

It used to be said that the Japanese were not terribly good at innovation, but merely imitated to extraordinarily good effect; they took a good idea from someone else and ran with it. I wonder if that is the case with their latest method of dealing with stray cats and dogs.

What they’re doing is this: the animals are rounded up, placed in the back of a van and, on the way to a vast crematorium, the driver presses a little button and the creatures are gassed with CO2. Cheap, efficient and brilliant.

Has it been reported anywhere else ? Is it just Rod Liddle having a rant ?

Hoddy

What a pity that the cages aren't slightly bigger so they could throw in those bloody japanese fishermen that were killing hundreds of dolphins recently.

And don't even get me started on whaling [:@]

Barbaric morons.

Note for any Liberal PCers: My references are not general to the Japanese nation just those involved in the practices above

Whilst I agree the Japanese should be admonished for whaling and dolpin killing it is certainly not just this one nation that can be held responsible for the systematic wholesale destruction of the creatures of the seas.

I think all fishermen should be imprisoned for theft - the creatures they steal are not theirs and they cannot even claim to have bred them.

Sadly this rape of the seas goes mostly unnoticed and it is a massive crime.

Stop eating fish.

This really is terrible! But I much prefer this over how the Chinese treat poor dogs and cats. It is now apparently acceptable and widespread to beat them with sticks and cause as much pain and horror as possible before killing in order to have the meat saturated with adrenalin. It apparently flavours the poor dogs meat and also idiot Chinese men (also Korean) have the idea that it makes them more viral.

At least the Japanese way is quick and painless (supposedly). [:(]

Poor little doggies and Pussie cats.

Perhaps the Japanese could be persuaded to instead, assist in the ongoing extermination of human beings in, say Iraq: to date it's only circa 654,000 odd.

With their noted industrial efficiency, I'm sure the total could rapidly be pushed passed the magic 1 million mark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_surveys_of_Iraq_War_casualties

I just realised there isn't a roll eyes smiley on this forum, shame. Very clever analogy Gluestick (rolleyes). There is always one whenever cruelty to animals is brought up some clever clog will bring up something worse.

The sad situation in Iraq, regardless of your views of the war, supposedly no one is trying to kill innocents in Iraq other than a few sickos and of course the Taliban that will blow up innocent men, woman and children whenever they can.

You forgot to mention what many child abusers get away with when they can. But luckily such horrors are illegal and not condoned by the state like they seem to when beating a dog to death or skinning a dog alive because it is easier. By the way, if your first sentence in your post didn't start the way it did I wouldn't have even bothered to respond. I found it cruel and quite arrogant.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

Poor little doggies and Pussie cats.

Perhaps the Japanese could be persuaded to instead, assist in the ongoing extermination of human beings in, say Iraq: to date it's only circa 654,000 odd.

With their noted industrial efficiency, I'm sure the total could rapidly be pushed passed the magic 1 million mark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_surveys_of_Iraq_War_casualties

[/quote]

654,000 deaths is peanuts to the amount of fish that die daily.

[quote user="WJT"]

I just realised there isn't a roll eyes smiley on this forum, shame. Very clever analogy Gluestick (rolleyes). There is always one whenever cruelty to animals is brought up some clever clog will bring up something worse. You forgot to mention what many child abusers get away with when they can.[/quote]

The core idea, WJT, was to suggest that whilst any cruelty enacted on animals is wholly reprehensible, from my own personal perspective, Western life seems too often to have a somewhat skewed perspective.Children, yes indeed: a great shame in UK, for example, that such as NSPCC has been struggling for adequate financing for many years: as does the Children's Society, a charity I personally support.

[quote]The sad situation in Iraq, regardless of your views of the war, supposedly no one is trying to kill innocents in Iraq other than a few sickos...[/quote]

Nice concept: shame about the reality.

[quote] and of course the Taliban that will blow up innocent men, woman and children whenever they can.[/quote] Who were not in Iran, of course, until Dubya marched in to seize the oil...................

[quote]But luckily such horrors are illegal and not condoned by the state like they seem to when beating a dog to death or skinning a dog alive because it is easier. [/quote]

We can look with horror on many other nation states and allowable common behaviour: surely, however, we must firstly cast the beam from our own eyes, prior to trying to remove the mote from our neighbours?

And a quick visit to such as, say, Bradford, where thousands of feral dogs rampage round the streets might change quite a few perspectives.

Gluestick, I appreciate your response but to start I won't comment on your comments regarding Iraq because we are from two completely different views and it is not worth getting into a political debate. However, I have to respond to your comment about the dogs in Bradford. Fortunately I haven't seen the consequence of neglect but in any case I don't think I would ever have a different perspective of beating a dog to death before eating it and skinning one alive. [:(]

By the way, to use your example, I have seen some results of child neglect at locations around London and many refer to them as feral children. But somehow if you were to see the chaos caused by them I don't think (hopefully) this would change your  perspective on child abuse.

[quote user="Frederick"]Lttle fish are eaten by bigger fish that are eaten by sharks ......How do you train them to eat seaweed instead  then Dog ?[/quote]

I can see where your ideals on human life come from.

We as humans should not enter the equation of the seas just as fish do not  need to enter the field of killing innocent humans for cheaper oil.

[quote user="WJT"]Gluestick, I appreciate your response but to start I won't comment on your comments regarding Iraq because we are from two completely different views and it is not worth getting into a political debate. However, I have to respond to your comment about the dogs in Bradford. Fortunately I haven't seen the consequence of neglect but in any case I don't think I would ever have a different perspective of beating a dog to death before eating it and skinning one alive. [:(]

By the way, to use your example, I have seen some results of child neglect at locations around London and many refer to them as feral children. But somehow if you were to see the chaos caused by them I don't think (hopefully) this would change your  perspective on child abuse.
[/quote]

I must confess, WJT, that to a degree, I was playing Devil's Advocate.

What constantly amazes me, is how people can wax lyrical about dogs and cats: yet still happily buy chicken from major supermarkets and eat it in vast amounts from such as KFC!

I first set foot in a chicken battery in about 1964: it was mid-Summer and the atmosphere and odour was foetid and totally foul. This was the original British company (nameless) which imported this particular concept of farming greed and animal hell from the USA.

As an example of my thinking, I love pork products (Not so keen on pork per se, but adore bacon, sausages, ham etc).

In 1979/1980 I was working on a major corporate restructuring project in Southern Ireland: our clients were, then, the largest intensive pig farmers in the Republic.

As a matter of course I visited all their facilities and plants; which included, naturally their largest intensive pig unit.

All apart from the dreadful smell (Which took three dry cleans to remove from my suit, and between cleans, leaving it outside on the clothes line) the reality of animal hell shocked me beyond belief: I can still see a  pregnant sow waiting to farrow down, tethered round her neck by a plastic covered cable (Like a bicycle lock) to a ring in the concrete floor, shaking her head violently from side to side to try and remove the constant ongoing torture of the tether, which had caused a weeping weld right around her poor neck.

I could not think of eating any pork product for many many years..........................

The treatment of animals reared for food in Britain, from baby animal  to abbatoir is wholly obnoxious and heinous: the treatment of increasing numbers of dogs in Britain is equally horrendous: yet, the Bleeding Hearts can wax lyrical about another distant culture, wherein they have a  wholly different attitude towards many things; rather than addressing, as I stated before, the "Beam" in their own eye firstly.

And all this is before we consider human life and dignity!

Depends, I guess, on which people feel is more important.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

And all this is before we consider human life and dignity!

Depends, I guess, on which people feel is more important.

[/quote]

Time to remind people that the UK has an RSPCA but only an NSPCC.

John,

Gluestick, I agree with your comments about intensive farming 100%! If there was a thread about intensive pig farming and battery chicken farms as well as matters of child abuse, elderly neglect etc.. I believe you would have the same people raising their heads. I believe that a kind, caring person abhors cruelty in all forms regardless of what or whom the recipient.

The problem with me, if I had been you in that situation and my big mouth I would have either lost the client or my job.

[quote user="WJT"]

The problem with me, if I had been you in that situation and my big mouth I would have either lost the client or my job.

[/quote]

Strangely enough, WJT, they were really lovely family people.

And once I got to know the CEO, he gave me, on my frequent trips, the choice of an expensive hotel in Dublin: or staying with them in their new farmhouse: no contest.

If I could have any criticism of them as people and hosts it could only be they fed me far too much!

And gave me a liking for Jamesons Irish Whisky!

[:)]

This conundrum is with me still: how could such lovely people be so abusive to animals?

I have never worked it out...............

To my mind anyone that could justify cruelty never mind being cruel to a helpless creature is not a kind or good person. But I know what you mean, I have met a neighbour that keeps his two dogs in a terrible situation and he comes across as quite charming but I know better. Sometimes I guess sadly it is just pure ignorance though. Wasn't Hitler meant to be quite charming in certain situations?

[quote user="Hoddy"]Of course, the real villains in this are the pet's owners who didn't discharge their responsibilities. I bet they claim to be animal lovers. Hoddy[/quote]

Bang on the button, Hoddy.

As always, it's people: who claim to be loads of things: except when it comes to actually performing.

At the end of April, Mrs Gluey and I are looking forward to a house guest who stayed last year.

He was a rescue and early on, obviously abused in some ways.............. very nervous for no good reasons.

Now how anyone could abuse or be cruel to this delightful little man I just do not know: he is incredibly loyal, intelligent, affectionate and a big dog trying to escape a small dog's body!

[IMG]http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq332/PercyPee/Robbie.jpg[/IMG]

Archived