Complete France Forum

Unreasonable sentences on German pensioners!

woolybanana

The thing is there was no suggestion of any improprietory or that he had ripped them off, the value of investments can go down as well as up etc..........

So I have to disagree Wooly that he should have been sentenced to an indefinite term until he coughed up the money.

Mind you if they were to draft a law saying that all financial advisors should be rounded up and shot I would support it wholeheartedly [;-)]

They apparently tried to claw their lost money back by legal action against the adviser: and failed.

Now why would Germans wish to invest in US real estate, other than greed?

Since they kidnapped the guy and physically harmed him, I think they got off lightly.

[quote user="woolybanana"]At their age, incarceration is a death sentence.[/quote]

Apparently, one of the captors was an architect and two were doctors and the banker was held prisoner in the holiday home of one of the captors. According to two of the reports I have seen, the money was "black" and they hadn't declared it to the tax authorities.

I find your sympathy for these middle-class thugs to be somewhat misplaced.

Thanks for that douche of reality, CK.

Having Googled the case, it was indeed Black Money.

So we can but hope these nice German pensioners are also arraigned for tax evasion: bearing in mind the German tax authority's current attack on cheats, which includes paying large sums to a whistle blower for a CD bearing the names of naughty clients from Lichenstein banks.

HMRC have also apparently paid over £100,000 for some of the data.

I must say I love their chutzpa!

Going to court 'cos a guy has lost them money via a money laundering deal!

They kidnap, assault, falsely imprison and generally terrorise somebody and they deserve sympathy?  Yeah, right, no difference between kidnapping a younger person and holding them for ransom, because that's what they did with this guy.  If the money was truly undeclared for tax purposes and they were trying to 'grow' their hidden gains, why should anybody have any sympathy for them?

So what's next, an upper age of criminal responsibility, because they're old don't prosecute them or don't send them to prison because of the offences they committed?  Yeah, right, recipe for chaos, if they can't do the time, they shouldn't have committed the crime!.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

So what's next, an upper age of criminal responsibility, because they're old don't prosecute them or don't send them to prison because of the offences they committed?  [/quote]

Great idea, I propose 45 as that was the age I became criminally irresponsible [6]

I have no problem with the treatment handed out to the financial advisor:

"Mind you if they were to draft a law saying that all financial advisors should be rounded up and shot I would support it wholeheartedly" Wink [;-)]

You can add estate agents and recruitment consultants to the list!

Archived