Complete France Forum

Citroen 2cv Van

BIG MAC

I know its rather sad but I have wanted a 2CV van since I was a kid on the Isle of Arran and saw some French holiday makers were touring about in theirs. Most of my spare wedge goes on Chateau woodworm...but if someone has or knows or a project 2cv van in need of TLC and not to far from 53 or in the UK I would appreciate any info.

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

Oh! Wow! I love it ....I wonder what he wants for it....thats exactly the kind of thing I am after......

It is a thing of great beauty isn't it?

Ok in the eye of the beholder then lol!

[/quote]

Well if you love it and its what you are looking for then make him an offer, its the only way that you will find out what he wants for it although he does say serious offers only.

I have a feeling that dersches sell for more here in France, most of em now are restored cherished collectors items.

Having looked at the asking prices for the few other dersche camionettes I would say that €1500 is a good starting point and shouldnt be recieved as not serious.

Good luck

Editted, I think that the French have yet to catch on to the rarety (and desirability to some) of the camionette version.

If you're making an offer 'unseen' then I think I'd start a little lower, maybe 1K to 1.2K. After all, the bottom might have rusted out or something else not shown in the pictures, and you're going to have to trailer it home too.

After a bit of tyre kicking you may be prepared to go up if it's in reasonable nick but it's much harder to reduce your initial offer IMHO

Archived