Complete France Forum

Help please; bedding problem.

woolybanana

Three suggestions:

(a) if it will fit into a tumble dryer add one or two of those sweet smelling sheets made for perfuming laundry;

(b) take it to the dry cleaners;

(c) sleep in it - either the duvet will smell like a banana or the banana will smell like a chicken.

Seriously though, I think the odour will disappear eventually after use.

Wooly, I truly hope that you did not buy feathers, feathers are not warm and they break.

IF it is duvet/down then it should not smell, they should have been cleaned.

Call M&S and tell them, they should not be sending stuff out in that state.

We bought a down quilt last winter, no smell, and it is the BEST thing we have ever bought for our bed. Light but moulds around us and we are so cosy and warm under it. Warm enough to keep any banana warm on a winter's night.

Put a pretty duvet cover on it and then shower the cover with your favourite scent?

Most smells go after a while (or perhaps you get used to them).  We ran a B&B and would frequently find rooms / beds would smell of the last person's aftershave.  It wouldn't last long.

Let us know how you get on, WB.

I certainly wouldn't take it to a dry cleaners as the stuff they use will smell for ages of chemicals! Seriously, if it's an odd smell then contact M&S. It may be that it's the packaging it was sent in so put it on the line on a windy day or, like the suggestions, put in a tumble dryer with a fragrance sheet.

It won't do to have a strange-smelling banana!!

[quote user="woolybanana"]Could any brave soul help me please? Marks and Spencer have just delivered early!) a rather fine, feather duvet BUT, it stinks like a chicken farm. [/quote]

That's Not just any chicken farm, that's a free range Oakham Chicken farm [:)]

Hmmm baked Banana with ice cream [6]

Archived