Complete France Forum

Freedom of speech, not a chance ......

woolybanana

Wide coverage in the french press; probably more than if the ENS debate had in fact taken place.

Not really surprising!

Geriatric 93 year old jew with moral & ethical integrity hits the zionist buffers.

Frankly doubt that the name Hessel and his book will even be known on this board.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Wide coverage in the french press; probably more than if the ENS debate had in fact taken place.

Not really surprising!

Geriatric 93 year old jew with moral & ethical integrity hits the zionist buffers.

Frankly doubt that the name Hessel and his book will even be known on this board.

[/quote]

He is not Jewish.

His father was in fact Jewish: thus since Jewish antecedents are matriarchal, Hessel is not a Jew.

For those who struggle perhaps with reading literally in French, and English translation of quotes from "Indignez-Vous!" is available.

See here:

Or full English text in pdf: Here:

To me, of equal if not more interest was Hessel's involvement in writing the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for UN in 1948.

Perhaps worth recalling these.

See here:

Also, perhaps as Blair and Goldsmith seem to have somewhat fallen out (Is Goldsmith running for cover?) worth revisiting the Nuremberg principles too.

See here:

Unfortunately some set themselves on a higher plane than the rest of us, well they would like to think so when in fact they are no better or worse. I know of this chap and some of his writings as I am sure others do as well (although I disagree with his comments on Palestine and Israel). Some just find things on the Internet and think it's fun to post a comment or two leading people to think they know a lot when they clearly don't. My brief comment was meant to highlight one such comment because clearly they don't know much about the man either other than what they have recently read. I was going to post your first link as well but thought better of it as I doubt one (or possibly two) would actually understand what he is talking about. [;-)]

[quote user="Quillan"]Unfortunately some set themselves on a higher plane than the rest of us, well they would like to think so when in fact they are no better or worse. I know of this chap and some of his writings as I am sure others do as well (although I disagree with his comments on Palestine and Israel). Some just find things on the Internet and think it's fun to post a comment or two leading people to think they know a lot when they clearly don't. My brief comment was meant to highlight one such comment because clearly they don't know much about the man either other than what they have recently read. I was going to post your first link as well but thought better of it as I doubt one (or possibly two) would actually understand what he is talking about. [;-)][/quote]

I endorse and agree with his comments on Palestine and Israel. So it was no great surprise to see that le CRIF in the forefront in closing out the meeting.

[quote user="Gluestick"]His father was in fact Jewish: thus since Jewish antecedents are matriarchal, Hessel is not a Jew.

For those who struggle perhaps with reading literally in French, and English translation of quotes from "Indignez-Vous!" is available.

See here:

Or full English text in pdf: Here:

To me, of equal if not more interest was Hessel's involvement in writing the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for UN in 1948.

Perhaps worth recalling these.

See here:

Also, perhaps as Blair and Goldsmith seem to have somewhat fallen out (Is Goldsmith running for cover?) worth revisiting the Nuremberg principles too.

See here:
[/quote]

The french press represent him as jewish in the context of the pulling of the debate; a fair nuance when the counter activities of le CRIF are taken into account. Despite sarko's attempts to silence him he seems to hit a chord with the french public. In particular much enjoyed the chapter devoted to sarko. The subtleties of the jewish tag are not lost on those who remember the times of Pétain, when of course our mutual friend Hessel was picked up and went for a train ride. I wonder how many pursued the same marshalling at Drancy but it seems that history records that these "miscegenous alliances" enjoyed the same free SNCF qualification for rail transport. But many thanks for clarifying the "zionist" interpretation of "jus sanguinus" confirming that Nikolas Sarkozy is the second jewish president of france.

It would seem that I will unfortunately have to struggle on reading literally in french the original "little Red Book" as your much vaunted link to a downloadable pdf file only includes the very same 13 pages already available in html format on the initial connection to the website. I simply take note of the unreliability and dubious value of your post and know that any acknowledgement or rectification might provoke a cardiac arrest.

Your observation regarding the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is pertinent and I think you are correct to mention it, in the context of the manifest opposition of zionists to the tenets expressed in the declaration.

Finally I have as yet, although off topic,not been able to accurately confirm the matriarchal situation of Mr Goldsmith. be glad of your advice soonest in case I inadvertently repeat a Hessel paradigm error.

Edit mtml changed to html.

Edit 2 not added to place the implied question of the final paragraph in the negative.

I presume Gluey you are up to speed on the cancellation of the scheduled February Concert by Vanessa Paradis in Tel Aviv. So I presume her and Johnny Depp will be able to comfort each other reading the letter from the pro-palestinian pressure group; obviously a violent terrorist group if they are more frightening than le CRIF.

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/654628/people-vanessa-paradis-annule-concert-israel

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]  Or worse still, refused to be host for next years golden Globes ! [/quote]

Now that is what I call ballsy freedom of speech, and the first time I thought he was funny, even if it does come at a price . . .so not entirely free, but tell it like it is[:P]

edit; see De Niro at 4.12[:D]

Archived