Complete France Forum

Minging Fridge

Suninfrance

We moved house in December and the new house had a small fridge.  We put our old fridge/freezer in storage and we picked it up yesterday, only to discover that food had been left in the salad drawer.  So after 4 months in friends barn with the door closed, you can imagine what it smelt like.

I have cleaned the fridge and it came up OK, but it is still minging.  Any ideas what I can do to neutralise the odour?

I do remember on "How Clean is Your House" something to do with bicarb or a lemon, but not sure what. 

HELP

Jan

Love the title of this thread! I have heard of the bicarb solution and lemon but i do wonder if you just need to leave it with the door wide open for a couple of weeks? I have seen fridge odour removing thingies somewhere - have you tried looking at the Lakeland website? They have solutions for problems i haven't even invented yet!

Wiping down with bicarb in water is supposed to help. Then place an open container of bicarb inside for a couple of days; but the smell must be awful after all that time - don't know if it would be enough! Another thing I once heard was to put a container of freshly-ground coffee in the fridge for a couple of days. Even if it doesn't remove the smell, the coffee smell that would hang around must be a lot better!  [:)]

Good luck!

[quote user="Suninfrance"]We moved house in December and the new house had a small fridge.  We put our old fridge/freezer in storage and we picked it up yesterday, only to discover that food had been left in the salad drawer.  So after 4 months in friends barn with the door closed, you can imagine what it smelt like.

I have cleaned the fridge and it came up OK, but it is still minging.  Any ideas what I can do to neutralise the odour?

I do remember on "How Clean is Your House" something to do with bicarb or a lemon, but not sure what. 

HELP

Jan

[/quote]

How big was the  offending barn door?

Archived