Complete France Forum

Not one for the men

idun

Buying bras never gets any easier. Some places seem to have thousands on the racks ready to buy and yet none in the colour I want or the size. Although the 'size' thing appears to be a variable depending on which shop you go in, not that it is, as the comfy one that fits is elusive, well for me it is.

I didn't want the one that gave me a cleavage like a plumber's bum. If I want to act tarty I can think of better ways to do it than wearing an undersized brassiere. Next time I'm in London I will try Rigby and Peller and see if it is all so much easier with their expertise.

Did I succeed, yes, eventually, not quite the colour I wanted, but it fit and didn't make me look like a buxom barmaid, so I suppose it was sort of successful shopping.

Lucky men not having to spend all that money.

I'm sure that most feminists would say that these were designed specifically for the men[:)] and seem to remember a Christmas tradition of men paying for more than just a bra, in fact several complete lingerie ensembles, advising on teddies, colourless straps etc; also I believe, paying even more indirectly for the privilege of taking it off.[Www]

Believe me, at my age, they are not for men.  They are not to hold my neck either.

Frankly the few bits of underwear bought by the men in my life some years ago have been crap, not fit properly and lousy colours, 'red' for goodness sake!

I did say 'not one for the men' and there was a reason. Women do understand that clothes are tailored to a general sort of woman's shape and when 'our' shape' doesn't any longer naturally fit into the shape the clothes dictate, then we need some help, put it down to defying gravity hein, that sort of sums it up.

AND most women  know how to act tarty, just many of us usually chose not to.

Being a 'breast man' I was quite amazed when some years back I saw that Gock chap or whatever his name is on TV and he said that nearly 80% of women have never been properly measured for a bra (if at all) and that between 60 and 70% of women wear the wrong size bra. Personally I always thought a bra was a bit like a pair of pants, it either fits or it doesn't but after watching him it is actually quite complicated and can cause all sorts of problems, some medical even, if your a naturally 'larger' girl. I could understand after watching him why Howard Hughes, an excellent designer, got involved in designing bra's, it's quite technical.

Archived