Complete France Forum

Whatever happened yesterday?

woolybanana

It seems that the wrong type of snow caused total lockdown on the roads and railways in northern France as well as in western Belgium. What a mess. I thought it was only the Brits that couldn't deal with a bit of weather.

My sympathy to the several thousand people trapped in trains.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

I thought it was only the Brits that couldn't deal with a bit of weather.

[/quote]Yes, funny that.  Of course railways on the continent are perfect and always run to time and problem free don't they?

(You can sense the ex-BR person here now, can't you?[:D])

That is really funny you saying that, as we would look at the mountains from our valley and decide if it looked like 'good' snow was falling and we did just that last Sunday. The hills in the distance got a covering which looked good but as it continued we decided that it was then 'bad' snow falling.

Bad for us is wet snow, that is like porridge to ski in.

Any idea what sort of snow holds up trains and roads, I would suspect the wet stuff, but as with so much in this life, I could be wrong.

[quote user="pachapapa"]Haven't you noticed..every time Chancer goes to sussex for a weekend there[:P]'s a balls-up.[/quote]

Looks like for once I have left the grimness of not just the people behind me [:)]

Still chuffed to hell with this CPM wifi jobby PPP, the only thing spoiling my joy is the sourness of knowing that after buying it you found some dirt cheap in France.

It works across the electricity meter no problem at all and I can also use it in a neighbours house 3 doors down, but only between 5 and 7 [6]

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="pachapapa"]Haven't you noticed..every time Chancer goes to sussex for a weekend there[:P]'s a balls-up.[/quote]

Looks like for once I have left the grimness of not just the people behind me [:)]

Still chuffed to hell with this CPM wifi jobby PPP, the only thing spoiling my joy is the sourness of knowing that after buying it you found some dirt cheap in France.

It works across the electricity meter no problem at all and I can also use it in a neighbours house 3 doors down, but only between 5 and 7 [6]

[/quote]

Glad you wrote the last sentence, I thought you were using it in Sussex to get to your router in France. [;-)]

Archived