Complete France Forum

How to turn a man to drink !

Frederick

Today I arrived home to find most of the contents of my shed on the lawn and my wife shaking tins and shouting " Whats in this ?  " 

It seemed  she had decided it was clean up and  throw out time for the shed  .... It has taken a couple of stiffeners to get over the shock .  So ladies if you do not want to see your menfolk signing on for councelling by  AA ... Please dont clean out his shed !

Isn't it a sectionable offence to do that? What on earth possessed her, is she having a breakdown?

A wise woman only enters a shed if 'he' is unavailable to get a screw driver or whatever. Touch stuff, no, one enters with trepidation, does a minimal search and then decides to buy your own screwdriver etc and keep them in a drawer in the house.

I suppose this is a bit like going into a woman's handbag, something are just places where one leaves things well alone. Frederick, you don't go through her handbag do you? if so, then you may have got what you deserved[6]

[quote user="idun"]

Isn't it a sectionable offence to do that? What on earth possessed her, is she having a breakdown?

A wise woman only enters a shed if 'he' is unavailable to get a screw driver or whatever. Touch stuff, no, one enters with trepidation, does a minimal search and then decides to buy your own screwdriver etc and keep them in a drawer in the house.

I suppose this is a bit like going into a woman's handbag, something are just places where one leaves things well alone. Frederick, you don't go through her handbag do you? if so, then you may have got what you deserved[6]

[/quote]

No  not her handbag   ..  I think her wardrobe with an Oxfam bin bag after today might be a good idea ! 

I think this is one of those things that the opposite sex just don't get. I think the women here will understand my horror when I returned from France one year to find that my stepson had borrowed my sewing box. Neither he nor my other half understood my horror. To make matters worse I had to ask twice to get it back.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]I think this is one of those things that the opposite sex just don't get. I think the women here will understand my horror when I returned from France one year to find that my stepson had borrowed my sewing box. Neither he nor my other half understood my horror. To make matters worse I had to ask twice to get it back. Hoddy[/quote]

Perhaps he was getting in touch with his feminine side? [;-)]

It was my father-in-law who on my wedding day said "get a shed son" and he was right of course. Just to confuse Mrs 'Q' I have two and a cellar, keeps her on her toes. My best tip for Fred is to get a padlock, actually get a bolt for the inside as well, don't want to get caught red handed, or whatever. [:)]

[quote user="NormanH"]But what was in the tins? That is the interesting question.

Photos of your old Mistresses?

100% illegal alcohol?

The cricket ball with which you bowled out Vic Richards?...

[/quote]

In the tins ?   Valuable  " stuff "  ..like new rear brake pads for a car I never fitted on and no longer have ... Good  wash basin taps ... Whitworth taps and wood drills ... sharpening  stones that may have not have been used for years but might be some day .  The  list is endless...

It is way a womans  brain is wired thing  ...she sees a bend in a shelf under the weight of "stuff" and is worried it may snap and fall on her . That means  clear the  " stuff "  off the shelf and throw it away . A bloke just fits another bracket under the bend and saves his precious items for another decade ...   I have to admit she does have a point re the safety angle as the shelf is above where I park her motor mower  !   As  for "Changing  wives "

Where on earth  would I find a better one !

Archived