Complete France Forum

Spam

woolybanana

Over the months, I have noticed that the quantity of spam I receive over the week  (which seems to be mainly related to increasing my hosepipe length, so to speak)  drops to zero on Sundays. Could it be that spammers actually have a day of rest, that they all go off to the local church to sort out their evil little souls, all dressed up in their Burton Unbeatable suits? Or could it be that the spammers are in fact the priests of various cults trying to rustle up dosh for their various needs?

Or is it Norman giving it a rest on Sundays!!![:-))]

I have still had the same amount of spam today as other days. I actually don't get much, which I am very happy about, the most is about 5 a day and sometimes less, but Sundays are included. A mix of asking if I want loans, zizi enlargement and dating sites usually.

We had a friend who made the mistake of opening a spam email, for the zizi enlargement to see what they were actually  offering. For someone who depends on his puter for this business, it was a disaster, he was bombarded with thousands of spam mails and something got past his anti virus stuff and messed up his puter. His wife was not amused.

I wish that some very very clever hacker type person would go after the spammers and ruin their puters.

[quote user="powerdesal"]What is a ''puter'' ?[/quote]

It seems logical to me though I think it must be a northern colloquialism as my cousin, Lincolnshire born and bred, always called his pc a 'puter'.

My French neighbours call their pcs 'ordi', short for ordinateur.

Sue

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Over the months, I have noticed that the quantity of spam I receive over the week  (which seems to be mainly related to increasing my hosepipe length, so to speak)  drops to zero on Sundays. Could it be that spammers actually have a day of rest, that they all go off to the local church to sort out their evil little souls, all dressed up in their Burton Unbeatable suits? Or could it be that the spammers are in fact the priests of various cults trying to rustle up dosh for their various needs?

Or is it Norman giving it a rest on Sundays!!![:-))]

[/quote]

Wooly they are giving you time on Sunday to discover that your hosepipe is indeed too short and that you need their services.

Paul

''It seems logical to me though I think it must be a northern colloquialism as my cousin, Lincolnshire born and bred, always called his pc a 'puter'.

My French neighbours call their pcs 'ordi', short for ordinateur. ''

Lincolnshire, Northern ????????

Sorry Sue, but Northern is Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria and Northumberland. Maybe a bit of Derbyshire and a bit of Cheshire if we are feeling generous. :-)

ps perhaps calling it a ''midlands affectation'' may be more correct.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="powerdesal"]

Lincolnshire, Northern ????????

Sorry Sue, but Northern is Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria and Northumberland.[/quote]

Well my argument is Lincolnshire is very long and the tip of the northern bit (where my cousin hailed from) seems quite northern to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincolnshire

But then what do I know as I am from Lancashire !

Sue [:)]

Archived