Complete France Forum

Teddy Bears

idun

I reckon that a teddy can be for life? Do any of you still have your teddy?

I cannot remember having one. I had a soft toy elephant, which my mother threw away, because she was like that....... otherwise I reckon that amongst the few things I have kept, I would still have it. My MIL had wrapped up husband's teddy and we brought it home with us when she died. It'll not be thrown away, just in another cupboard here.  Our 30 year old son still has his and he swears that he'll never throw it away.

And if our son still has his teddy, there used to be a children's program on french tv, when he was quite small called 'Teddy' and he would scream and cry and become very distressed and we had to turn it off. Strangely I had thought that it would be Dorothee or Chantal Goya who would have had that effect on him, but no 'Teddy' did.

Well I'm glad my son hung on to his teddy rather than his fiancé who seemed to the sort to me who would have chucked it out. He has a new lady, but still has his teddy. A teddy, as I said, is surely for life, whereas people can come and go[blink].

ps I'm not talking about still sleeping with it as an adult, just 'keeping' it.

Snap Louiseau ! I distinctly remember thinking his fur would re-grow when I shaved him. Poor Ted, he's a hand me down from two older brothers and like yours has patched paws. He used to squeak but now he has a split which I daren't mend next to his squeaker (don't even think about it Wooly) in case any more wood shavings come out. His eyes are shoe buttons.

I expect he was a Steiff in a former life.

Hoddy

Teddys.......... they can be bashed, battered, shaved, bald, darned, patched, bodiless and we still love them.

I cannot think of another toy that lasts a life time.

And why did I bring this up, well because a friend of mine was sort of having a whinge about her son and DIL paying so much on a teddy for xmas for their daughter. I said that if she loved it, it was the one toy that would last a life time, and I'm sure that it will.

I never had a teddy bear , well I can't remember having one anyway, but my girls had soft toys. One of them still has her "Doggy" that she got off my father, I remember her having hysterics when I put him in the washing machine once.

Grandchildren have dozens of teddies........good for playing schools.[:)]

Archived