Complete France Forum

VI Nations

NormanH

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were never in it & well done to the Welsh. Deserved champions.

As for France ..................  I've read that they don't reckon that you get the Wooden Spoon if you're just bottom of the table. In their view, you have to have 'nul points'.  First time I've heard that one.

After some deliberation, perhaps some thoughts on the Lions XXX ??   

England's most disappointing performance of the 6nations. Never seemed to be there after the first 10 minutes. Still they can only get better for the experience.

Lions XXX - must have a majority of  Welsh/English players. I don't think BOD did his selection chances any good with that yellow card. Two/three scots at most. Hogg/Visser seem the most likely to me. Beatty/Murray/Maitland have an outside chance.

England were, unfortunately, outplayed and outclassed. They are ''potentially'' a very good team, with more experience.

Well done Wales, a thoroughly deserved win.

Also well done Italy.

BOD should have been red carded for a deliberate stamp on the kidney area of an opponent on the ground. There is NEVER any excuse for such dirty play.

For what its worth, here's 25 names from me for the Lions tour (emboldened names are to my mind certain Test starters):

Halfpenny, Hogg, Cuthbert, North, Roberts, Davies, Barritt, Farrell, Biggar, Phillips, Youngs B, Jones A, Healey, Cole, Best, Hibbard, Youngs T, Evans, Parling, Launchbury, Robshaw (C), Tipuric, Warburton, Beattie, Heaslip 

Yes, no place for O'Driscoll (sadly past his best) nor Tuilagi (just a 'basher', no finesse).

Problem position?  No.8 - no standout candidates to travel, let alone play in the Tests.

I've put Robshaw in as skipper for no better reason than that I reckon Warburton has been better without the responsibility of captaincy.

Archived