Complete France Forum

Mr and Mrs

idun

I have just seen an advert for a new Mr and Mrs show, which appears to be a couple who have to answer questions about one another.

I have never seen this and won't watch it, but I do know that we would fail and get few answers right, probably him more than me, judging by something that has happened today.

I doubt in all our years together would we ever have got many answers right. I don't think that it's important anyway, to 'know' someone down to every last detail, I think I would be bored.

My mother thought ITV was all dreadful, so I didn't see it until I left home and even then I didn't see it much.....but I have seen it featured as clips in some of those 'look back' programmes.

The current show comes under the heading of 'cheap television' I suspect....

Why would anyone want to watch a married couple trying to remember useless information about each other? No, don't answer that.

I've been working on Monday and Wednesday evenings for over 10 years, and yet my husband invariably says, at least once a week "are you working tomorrow evening?". In all our years of marriage I don't think either of us is aware of the other's favourite colour or food, and the last three times I've had a haircut he's not noticed on two occasions, and on the third he said "New jumper?"

I'm only 41 but I remember Mr and Mrs with Derek Batey.

It's funny, but when I went for my immigration interview back in January, I was expecting that type of questioning. Thankfully, I'd put together such a good application, that the interview was merely a chat between the interviewer and my wife and I. It was very simple and friendly, but I was waiting for the 'what color is your spouses toothbrush' question.

Nothing like Green Card with Deperdieu and the awful Andie McDowall.

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]I'm only 41 but I remember Mr and Mrs with Derek Batey.

It's funny, but when I went for my immigration interview back in January, I was expecting that type of questioning. Thankfully, I'd put together such a good application, that the interview was merely a chat between the interviewer and my wife and I. It was very simple and friendly, but I was waiting for the 'what color is your spouses toothbrush' question.

[/quote]

Does that mean that anyone who is colour blind cannot emigrate to the US? [:D]

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]I'm only 41 but I remember Mr and Mrs with Derek Batey.

[/quote]

I am pleased to hear that Mr CdeL. I hadn't realised that you may have to go and see someone in the immigration dept.

Archived