Complete France Forum

George Michael

NickP

A little snippet of news grabbed my attention today: It appears that George Michael fell out of a car on the M1 at a speed alleged by a witness to be 70 mph. It seems that he was closing or adjusting the door and fell out? Are celebrities exempt from the law that says you must wear a seat belt? It also looks as if being rich and famous doesn't mean that you are blessed with intelligence.  [:D]

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/21/george-michael-car-accident_n_3310461.html?utm_hp_ref=uk?ncid=GEP

Happens to me all the time, I have lost count of how many times I have heard a wind whistle, wondered if the door was properly closed, given it another tug and hey presto every time I fall out of the car  [:P][:-))]

I think he was just having a hissy fit with his partner, "right thats it! I am getting out right now" [;-)]

Now I have indeed once in my life done that but I stopped the car first [I]

[quote user="powerdesal"]Fell out of a Range Rover at 70 MPH......I don't believe it. Given the height of a RR seat and that speed, in my opinion he would be dead, not just a couple of cuts. Journalistic licence with a vengeance.[/quote]

He landed on his head. [;-)]

Call me Mr Silly but don't modern cars automatically lock the doors at more than 5mph?  And I'm pretty sure that a Range Rover would be beeping loudly at you if you drove off with a door not closed properly

So is GM releasing another record and needs a bit of publicity?

Archived