Complete France Forum

Cream tea sacrilege

NormanH

[quote user="richard51"]I am envisioning the scenario where there are 2 groups of people on the banks of the River Tamar.

From one bank hard skons are hurtling to the other bank at great speed causing maximum damage, whilst soft fluffy scownes are gently floating towards the other bank.[/quote]

Are you sure you haven't eaten a scone baked in a small cafe in Amerstdam?

Anyone tried stone skimming on water with scones or half scones? Did JC have them attached to his feet when he walked on water, were they fired from guns at El Alemain to terrify the enemy? Did Hannibal’s elephants eat them prior to crossing the Alps, if they were introduced into France is sufficient quantities would the French become nicer people, ever tried them with marmalade??

Marmalade, no, but when I was in Wensleydale, a cafe asked what conserve I wanted with my scone and suggested 'curd' so I said yes, just to try and it was lemon curd with a plain scone and clotted cream, and very nice it was to.

Hard scones, beurk! Big scones, beurk, because big scones are, imo too dry, there is, for me, a 'proper' size.

So..after the start of this thread, I was siezed by the urge to make scones. As they came out of the oven, I put some butter and jam on one, (hate cream) and sat down to watch Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer....and the first challenge was: scones.

I'm living in scone world.

She is neither right nor wrong in the general sense, it is what she prefers, therefore 'right' for her and her guests will have to lump it or just simply not eat such offerings, although, no matter how The Queen served them, I would rather fancy a taste of that jam.

Archived