Complete France Forum

richard51

Plainly some would fail a British Nationality Test.

Seriously, why is the world (the West mainly) so adamant in following stories written so long ago in books somehow deemed to be "religious" yet written by humans.

Nb not had booze for at least a week!

[quote user="richard51"]Plainly some would fail a British Nationality Test.

Seriously, why is the world (the West mainly) so adamant in following stories written so long ago in books somehow deemed to be "religious" yet written by humans.

Nb not had booze for at least a week![/quote]

And you seem to want to discuss 'religion'????

Don't go any further with it, it will become very disagreeable very quickly.  Especially as you are so fond of discussing the Middle East, which has many religious wars going on, it is all vile, and remember some of it is between sects of the same religion, and of the religions there, you have taken the side of the latter believers in that region, well not the baha'i, obviously.

Interesting interview on Hard Talk last night, Stephen Sackur talking to an imam, a woman.......... he said that muslim women were treat as second class citizens, AND the religion was ridden with misogyny.  Lovely isn't it!

I would say that most religions don't like half the population, not all, but the majority of the world's religions, AND, aren't all their books written by MEN!

No idea what this was supposed to be about. I know as a  complete atheist, that what Henry V111 did was not that bad a thing for this country, I do not like papish things at all, because of the way women are sidelined. But I cannot stand any of them.

My belief and I do truly believe this, is that there is no special diety looking after us, and no heaven, and I have no idea why anyone tries to make their own life, or anyone else's 'hell' on earth.

[quote user="Patf"]r51 - you're one-up with the arabic script. What does it mean?

[/quote]

As with anything else written in barbed wire, squiggles, reversed letters, or pictures -

Copy and paste into Google translate and choose onglet "Detect language"

Archived