Complete France Forum

Christmas shopping anyone ? UK style ..

suein56

This person .. most likely female I feel .. is a personal shopper except that she doesn't pay for the goods :

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-06/shoplifters-order-wish-list-for-customers-recovered-by-police/

Gosh, it shows how naive I am .. don't order from a catalogue place your order with a shoplifter as it costs less. I had no idea this kind of thing existed.

Edit : using my tablet so you will have to copy and paste the link

You don't live in Béziers.[:)]
 A primary school teacher friend of mine was complaining that her laptop was working properly; and she thought she would have to buy a new one.

One of the little ones said brightly 'why don't you just get someone to nick one for you" as if it was the most normal thing on Earth, with no indication that he  had any idea it might be wrong[:-))]

Many years ago my mother used to have French children staying with her during the holidays as part of a French English cultural exchange program. The biggest problem with the French kids was when in England they went on a shoplifting spree. Apart from that, they were beautifully behaved and always polite. Totally Bizarre

I don't know if petty theft is a national trait, or just something applicable to a particular group, but boat owners where we lived in Spain used to tell others never to leave anything loose lying around when small French boats were moored nearby, as their owners seemed to regard boat equipment as common property.

One friend actually caught a French person stealing his inflatable dinghy.

Nothing new with shoplifters stealing to order - I’ve been aware of it from 1979, when I started work at a particularly difficult school on a problem housing estate in Berkshire.

It was considered a normal thing to do by a certain section of the population.

Some 20 years later at a school in a more prosperous area of the town, I was considered daft by some not to have a flash tv etc when all I needed to was ask ........ to get me one.

Archived