Complete France Forum

Population growth

woolybanana

Some European countries have been experiencing a decrease in their birth rate and are trying to get more babies born by offering financial incentives.

France is well known for its pro-family policies. New babies get €950 per head.

The latest seems to be Finland which is offering €10000 per birth.

But, will these countries be happy if the births are largely from immigrant families?

Given that the biggest challenge that the world faces is massive overpopulation, should there not be encouragement to have small or no families, or even to share kids?

Is this a can of worms I see before me????

I have just typed out half an A4 page, but the easiest thing I can say is that children from a different culture who are brought up with values that could well oppose those things dear to many of us....... would not be acceptable. Cannot see it being OK in any western european country, and my would it not be OK in the likes of Russia.

Frankly I do not believe in multi culturalism. I did my best to integrate whilst in France, because I chose to live there and even between our western cultures so much is very different and it was hard....... so people's from another continent and other religion and basic values...... how can that work unless people adapt to that which they have adopted????

Everything evolves, I do not want many things that I count as progress to be lost.

This is complicated, and yes the population needs reducing. Cruelty in the extreme to have any child these days without the means to support it or it to support itself in it's future, ie no future....

It's only one small rural village in Finland which has a population of 732 people, They have been trying to encourage babies since 2003 and pay the 10,000 over 10 years. Presumably it will take another 10 years or so to see what difference it makes. More people but less jobs is not a good result. If all the young people move away to work it seems to defeat the object, which was to boost the population.

"You can all calm down" may I ask Megan if you live in the UK? I'm sure that the UK government have no idea, or if they do they aren't saying, just how many illegals there are in the UK. I would think they would struggle to know how many legal immigrants there are, so to know how many children are being born is anybody's guess. LOL

[quote user="NickP"] ............. I'm sure that the UK government have no idea, or if they do they aren't saying, just how many illegals there are in the UK. ................. [/quote]

Not only do they not have the faintest idea, but they have tried to pass on their responsibility to control and enumerate immigration to the likes of private landlords, employers, and NHS employees.

Of course this is one result of the steadfast refusal of the population to accept that everyones' having ID cards is an integral part of any country's ability to control immigration and illegal activities in general.

Would that ID cards worked.

The

french, just the french,  have to give finger prints for their ID

cards, and yet the gendarmes do what exactly when confronted with a

crime?  I have quite a number of examples of their being able to check

for finger prints and have not done so....... and yet the majority of

the population's prints are in the system. The only thing that seems to

have ever interested the gendarmes is 'doing' motorists, and if they

have a choice, just lady drivers!

I have no

time for ID cards because of the way they don't work in France........

because at the end of the day, criminals could easily get forgeries and

the rest of us, scrat around getting all our paperwork together to be

told that we are missing the piece that IS NOT ON THE LIST, but we

should have known that they would ask for it anyway!

French police have instant access to fingerprints and other ID information.

I am emotionally against the things as one of the pleasures of being in UK is that one does not have to lug around a wallet full of papers, BUT, practically they are now essential.

The major problem is that they would show just how many illegals there are in the country and give succour to the extreme right.

What would one do with the illegals, sling them out? Look at the polemic surrounding the Windrush generation.

Anyway, if there were to be a. Corbyn administration the gates would be thrown open, regardless.

One side benefit is that we might get much less voter fraud at elections, but there is still the problem of proxy and postal votes.

I know that the gendarmes have access to the finger print records...... but gendarmes, well, what can one say.

My friend's son became a gendarme.... and she was delighted, and it was 'just right' for him. He was a big lazy lummox and I reckon he would have fitted in very well. Which is rather like most of the gendarmes I knew or had dealings with (not all, but the majority).

Here is an example, my husband found a blown safe in the forest when walking our dog. He called them and some days later they turned up and he took them up to the safe. The safe was lockside up but at a jaunty angle sat against something. The pair of them scratched their heads and decided that it hadn't been opened, in spite of receipts blown all around the forest floor. So my husband got these dumbxxxxs to bend over and you could see where the back of the safe had a big hole in it and all raggedy metal stuck out.

And they left it. It was there at least 10 days before it was removed, and who knows who removed it, maybe even the robbers. It could have had finger prints, and frankly I would have thought that the fact that explosives had been used, because these theives had not used an over sized old fashioned tin opener to open it, would have inspired them to do 'something'....... but no.

One example, and if it were my tale to tell, I could tell you about a very serious crime that they simply ignored.

ID cards and fingerprints........ bof....... waste of time in France.

[quote user="idun"] ................. The pair of them scratched their heads and decided that it hadn't been opened, in spite of receipts blown all around the forest floor. So my husband got these dumbxxxxs to bend over and you could see where the back of the safe had a big hole in it and all raggedy metal stuck out. ........... [/quote]

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

I guess the gendarme who stopped my wife in Algeria was trained in France.

She was driving home along the coast road in our RH drive MG TD, with our 5 year old daughter standing on the left looking through the windscreen. This was before seat belts and child seats  were thought of.

He leaned into the front from the LHS and said across to my wife "She's much too young to drive".