Complete France Forum

Boris Johnson has Covid19

NormanH

[quote user="idun"]
Would Trump even admit to it if he had it?

[/quote]

Only if he felt it would somehow work in his favor. But then, he could see that working either way; saying he had it when he didn't and how much of nothing the sickness is; or saying he doesn't have it (test or no test) proving that only compromised, unhygienic people get it.

I would not believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Perhaps we might add Jeremy Corbyn to the wish list.[/quote]

Er....Wooly, that WASN'T a wish list and, as Norman says, I don't wish it on anybody.  I was only being facetious and stating a fact at the same time.

It's true that I don't much care for Boris or Donald but I wouldn't worry too much if they did have it.  Plenty of resources to deal with it and more chance than most of surviving it.

As for Charles, while I am no monarchist, he is pretty harmless as royalty goes and he can now have more time to talk to his plants.

[quote user="Loiseau"]If Trump did get it, you can bet he would be telling us that he had the biggliest version anyone had ever had, and how the doctors were amazed at how he knew so much about his own treatment, etc etc[/quote]

Is there a generic term for someone so fortunate, gifted, and perceptive?

I have a brother-in-law who has an endless and apparently inexhaustible reservoir of anecdotes to inform and impress listeners with his importance, which is evidently recognised wherever he travels.

Policemen politely defer to him when he inadvertently commits traffic offences, customs officers allow him to import articles forbidden to ordinary people, bank managers implore him to borrow money, airlines lay out the red carpet for him, and provide personal facilities. I'm sure God has a special place reserved for him ........................

I am truly and humbly grateful that he deigns to speak with us or share a meal table [:-))]

[quote user="woolybanana"]There is a word, but as this is a public forum and as there are ladies present we have to refrain from using it.[/quote]

I think I might already have thought of that one[:$]

Anyway, I don't really have to bother any more. When I last spoke to him, 5 years ago now, it was to challenge one of his most outrageous statements.

He went red in the face and literally screamed at me to get out of his house.

I think perhaps a tumbler of Scotch (specially distilled and bottled for him), and the best part of a bottle of red from his special reserve may have been a factor, but we are now deprived of the pleasure of listening to his instructions on how to live in the upper realms of society.