Complete France Forum

today

woolybanana

A lovely cool day at last after overnight rain has softened the geound, so,too wet to cut lawn.

But, the swallows at al do seem to be gathering, making a ton of noise, getting excited for their equivalent of crossing the Channel in a rubber boat. Damn it.

And a light mist suggests that the height of summer might be over.

So, a nice time to come, sorting and tidying plants, picking raspberries and pattypans and seeding for next year.

Bobo, does time go quickly even when I try to slow it down.

And it looks like we shant get a holiday outside France for a while, blast it.

Of all the countries to be "shut in" France must come pretty near the top for internal holidays. We have visited some fantastic quiet places nearer to home recently due to our reluctance to leave the country. Of the countries we have flown to recently to holiday, don't have any desire to leap out of this particular frying pan into their fire!

Lehaut, I have to agree[:)] 

Many of my French friends (and not only the compagnards but some "sophisticated" travelling types!) like to say that French people do not need to go to other countries because they have "everything" that you could want in France!  They say, if you want to ski, climb mountains, swim in the see, walk, cycle, velo, moto, sight see, visit historic buildings, visit vineyards, etc, why it's all here in France, non?[:D]

We have had two days of cloud and some fine drizzle and some light rain too last week. In spite of the time of year and the trees should be starting slowly to change, they seem to have, cannot think of the word........ been resuscitated? And are glorious.

Funny old weather, and I am pleased that it is cooler, as it has been hot here too and I just do not like it, although not at all as hot as further south.

Started with a fairly heavy rain this morning, but turned into a lovely, cooler day.  Managed to get in a 4 mile walk in areas of the town and parc we had never been in.  Gorgeous all the way around. 

There are clearly a lot of rich people living in this town.  So many really big, beautiful homes.  We took a lot of city streets today to avoid crowds in the parc (which turned out to be unnecessary as I think most everyone is out of town).

Much nicer weather.  Even turned on the oven yesterday for the first time in more than a week...