Complete France Forum

Same old,same old...

cooperlola

[quote user="Tandem_Pilot"]I see a very small pattern here  [I] - is it because you (those who are losing connection) are all accessing the site from France ?

[/quote]

Well I live in France and I don't get logged out ever when using my French laptop to access the forum but I do get logged out when using my OH's UK sourced laptop; so, to my mind, there must be a difference in the set up of the 2 machines, as they are both used here in France, using IE 6/ZA/Avast, all the time.

Sue

For my own part I have not been kicked out at all since the last reported rash of problems which was several months ago.

I run Firefox on my laptop which has variously been in France, UK, Italy and Germany. Here on my work PC, which actually resolves to the USA, I use Portable Firefox on a USB stick but again have never been kicked out.

I think this pretty well rules out geographical problems so maybe it's an IE problem [geek]

I still continue to get what I term as "unlogged in" and like many others no longer complain about it, especially after being told to "get a life" by Bugbear.[:(]

I too have a pet conspiracy theory as it always happens after I return from a trip to the UK and hence spend longer on the forum than usual.

So I believe that it is indeed telling me to spend less time or get a life[:)] or simply timing out.

For the techy conspiracists I have a French ADSL connection and French operating system.

It may be that a piece of software your machine is running is removing your log in details.

I ran CC Cleaner a few months ago and it took the lot out.

Another programme I update and run every week has a 'Privacy Sweep' on it. At the moment I don't run that part of the programme because it, like CC Cleaner, removes all my log in details and I have to start again.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it may be worth a look.

Regards - Tim

[quote user="Tim"]

It may be that a piece of software your machine is running is removing your log in details.

I ran CC Cleaner a few months ago and it took the lot out.

Another programme I update and run every week has a 'Privacy Sweep' on it. At the moment I don't run that part of the programme because it, like CC Cleaner, removes all my log in details and I have to start again.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it may be worth a look.

Regards - Tim

[/quote]

With CCleaner, which I use regularly, there is an option to keep some cookies (Options/Cookies/Move the Completefrance.com cookie to the right pane). I do not have to log back in after using CCleaner.

[quote user="cooperlola"]I see that after three months the software still logs me off on a whim then![Www][/quote]

I don't know, disappears for three months with some trivial excuse and then first post or second back does nothing but moan.  What about all those poor souls who have had healthcare problems while you have been laying around pulling a sickie with three meals a day thrown at you with not a plate, or knife and fork to wash up.  Its been hell out here while you have been loafing.  Don't you think you can continue to taking it easy, your clients who have never heard of the search button need you, so shape up woman.[kiss][kiss]

Tim

It has always thrown me out randomly after being automatically logged in so not a problem with cookies or whatever.

To add insult to injury it has twice then refused to accept my password to relogin forcing me to click on "forgot my password", which I hadnt[:@] then to be reissued a now gobbledegook one which I then have to change back to my original, still unforgotten one.

BB, no problems, I have a thick skin except on those occasions when I either sulk or cry[:(]

Archived