Complete France Forum

La Poste question

Lori

I need to send an envelope to Paris that must arrive the next day (I'm in Provence).  I have used the Recommende post and that is good for a 48 hour delivery within France, but this one absolutely has to arrive the next day.  What service do I ask for?  I know I can ask at La Poste and will, but I like to go in armed with data if possible.

Thanks !

Lori, I've had a look here for you, but it seems that they do not garantee a specific delivery timeframe.

Quel est le délai de distribution ?

Le délais de distribution est le même que celui de la lettre (environ 1 ou 2 jours)

and that seems to be the standard delivery speed for letters.

edit: in view of the post just above mine, you'd have to send your letter in a C5 envelope to pass it off as a parcel suitable for Chronopost. More details here

I once had a very urgent letter to send to England and sent it by Chronopost.  After phoning I don't know how many times as it hadn't arrived, I finally found out that their plane had broken down.  It arrived later than sent by normal post.  After I complained, they did reimburse me, but, as they say in France "Ca m'a fait une belle jambe!"

Thanks all.  Well  when I clicked on the details that Clair linked (thanks Clair), I can see that Chrono 10 - Chrono Premium does state an overnight before 10 am,  before 1300 and before 1800 delivery choice.  What is a C5 envelope?  Yes, I am a bit dumb.  I have 22.9 x 32.4 cm envelope, does that count?

I'm not too thrilled to hear all the disappointments with Chronoposte usage.

This is my passport and I have sent it to the Saudi Consulate in Paris twice now as they have totally screwed up my VISA and now, I am supposed to travel in two weeks and they have made me start the process all over from scratch.  All this when the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi closes for the Ramadan holiday on Thursday (for TWO WEEKS).  Husband is frantically trying to get me a NEW VISA invitation from the Ministry in order to start the VISA process OVER AGAIN with the #*$&#*& people in Paris.  It is unlikely he will be able to get this done before they close on Thursday.  Meaning, my long planned trip to visit my husband, while our daughter is sent to the U.S. (giving us time on our own) will be cancelled.

So, if I am lucky and I do get a new Invitation from the Ministry (husband will know tomorrow), I will need to get my passport BACK to those #*&$$#*&  people in Paris ASAP.

I am really upset about this.

PG - thanks for the heads up.  We have had the same bad experience using FedEx here.  I would not recommend them.  Would never trust my passport to them.

BTW, does anyone know Paris very well?  The Consulate is in Neuilly sur Seine.  I am actually considering taking the TGV up there myself - that is IF I get a new invitation from the Ministry.

Train trip is looking like 75 euros roundtrip.  At least THEN I would have it in my hand.  Consul (himself) promised me same day issuance.  Not that his word is worth a lot in my book !

Maybe I should post the Paris question in a new thread?

Archived