Complete France Forum

Why are the French so lazy.....

Quillan

[quote user="Quillan"]Even some French owned hotels here and abouts do not include French as a language spoken.

[/quote]

Might it be because it is understood, inferred, taken for granted that, as the hotels are in France, French WOULD be spoken?[blink]

For example, you might see English and Dutch spoken but do you seriously think they should write English, Dutch and French spoken?....duh!

Plus Booking.com change their IT system almost every day without any warning, and of course always for the worst.

Quillans listing used to say "Engllsh" Under languages spoken, now it says nothing at all, dont know if that is better or worse for him, mine still says "this establishment speaks French and English"

The section "whats happening" used to show me who was arriving and leaving today and the same info for the week to come, it was the most important thing for me to be able to plan; would i have any free time, then the geniuses decided that "whats happening" should really mean "what has happened" and it shows what I already know, who came and went in the last week [:'(]. The idiots just dont seem to understand why after working every day for nearly 4 months I  would want to know if I could at least have a few hours off in the coming week.

Then a few days ago they decided to stop writing the room détails on the bookings, what was "Studio Loft 5" and Studio Loft 6" now just come up as "Studio", the guests have chosen and booked a certain apartment but I no longer know what one to put them in, with most guests staying only one or two nights putting them in the wrong one for a longer stay will mean having to move them when someone else arrives as well as them not getting what they had booked. Lord only knows how larger establishments cope with this

Given that their business is communication from my end I find them dreadfull, today they send me an E-mail saying that I have changed my communication détails (I havnt) and "To review your contact details, visit your Contact persons page:" except for of course there is no such thing as a "Contact persons page" [:'(] I am constantly having to second guess what they mean or phone them, I am deluged with alerts that customers have modified their bookings and to click here to see the modification, except it never shows what it is, 99% of the time nothing has been modified but they may have ticked a box requesting a "quiet room" more fool me for ticking a box saying all our rooms were insonorisés and when they have already booked a certain room how could I change it? Oh I forgot, I am no longer informed what room they have booked [:(]

Every day I get alerts headed "Same day arrivals notification" that freaks me out if I thought I had the time to go out, someone must have made a last minute booking, but no, most of the time the message says "The following reservation has an arrival date for tomorrow"

Communication? And I thought the French were bad [:'(]

Sorry for the rant. 

Well Mint that is what I assumed, dangerous I know, but just to check I had a look and lo and behold some say they speak French and some don't. Just to point out I am talking about Booking.com here and not elswhere.

Anyway at the end of the day very few people ever look at any of this 'trivia' when making a reservation via Booking, they just look for the cheapest priced room. We have one room that is described as only 10m2 and suitable for a max of two nights according to Booking. It is actually 9.8m2 but in France the minimum size is 10m2. Excellent for people passing through as it is quick to clean and OK for a night or two. It was Booking that put the room for sale and not me. They are also the ones that measured it and it seems their measure is different to mine. The thing is nobody ever clicks on the room details they simply look at the photos which if you look shows a bed with a night stand each side and a wall each side of them. People book this room for 5, 7 and even 14 nights and the look on their faces when they arrive is priceless even though when I contact them to confirm the reservation I tell them again that it is under 10m2 (I actually say it is 9.8m2 excluding bathroom).

I was thinking about Idun's comment about breakfast and British B&B's. We offer a full english, bacon, eggs, sausages, baked beans, tomatoes, black pudding, white pudding, mushrooms with hash browns, mug of tea and two slices (toast) all for 35 Euros supplement. Not many takers on that one. [;-)]

(Oh look my spelling checker is working again)

[quote user="EuroTrash"]http://www.wordreference.com/fren/h%C3%B4te[/quote]

So what your saying is it can mean either and from an owners point of view I have only heard it refered to as a room of hosts and that includes Deborah Hunt's book about starting and owning a "B&B" in France as publish by the Torygragh and for sale on Amazon UK. Anyway is it really worth arguing about just because I am right. [:P] [;-)]

Tell you what, Q, if I ever do get a chance to stay chez vous, I think I'll order the full English, just to see the look on your face and I'll ask to watch you clearing up all the frying pans, grill, etc in the kitchen afterwards...........ha, ha, ha!

It'll be worth the 35 euros[:D]

Unless the requirements are different for hôtels/CDH's etc a bedroom in France need only be 9m2, and that is still a stupid requirement as it applies equally to a room for a child with a single bed.

My bedroom is just under 9m2 and its plenty big, a standard double bed with 45 cm each side, units either side with doors and drawers altthe bottom, bedside table top and pull down wardrobe storage above, plus a bridging unit over the top, then there is a generous space at the bottom of the bed before another double wardrobe and a bureau, both of which contain drawers and shelves within.

My place in the UK is even shorter front to back as are the one bed apartments that I am currently doing, how much space do people need for their stuff for a one night stay? I dont think the wardrobes and all the other storage cupboards I provided have ever been used by tourist, they use the floordrobe [:'(]

On the other hand long stay tenants within the space of 2 weeks will buy so much un-needed tat to make them feel better that the place will be bursting at the seams, its exactly the same as my UK rental house, a modern day maladie, people move in because they have outgrown their previous rental, within 6 months they will have had to hire an additional storage for all their crap and eventually have to move to a much bigger house without ever having a new baby.

Quillan, my thought when I saw the price you were asking for a full english breakfast was of words that this site would not allow to be shown!

So, where do you get proper sausages from? Just wondering as I hate every last french sausage I have ever had the misfortune to taste, from diots, to merguez (which some english people I know call mergeez, drives me mad) chipolatas and ofcourse the absolutely dreaded andouillette.  Now my family loves them all, well husband loves andouillette and kids love all the others, I do not!

[quote user="idun"]Quillan, my thought when I saw the price you were asking for a full english breakfast was of words that this site would not allow to be shown!

So, where do you get proper sausages from? Just wondering as I hate every last french sausage I have ever had the misfortune to taste, from diots, to merguez (which some english people I know call mergeez, drives me mad) chipolatas and ofcourse the absolutely dreaded andouillette.  Now my family loves them all, well husband loves andouillette and kids love all the others, I do not!
[/quote]

Sausage Toulouse and the English freezer section in the local supermarket does bacon. Thats a discounted price by the way, it's normally 60 Euros plus you have to bring, alive, both you grand parents with you. We can whip across the broder to Spain and visit the Iceland supermarket there for Walls and Richmond sausages but after eating the Toulouse sausage, thats the one with meat in, I can't face either brand, it's like eating sawdust. I also make my own sausages from just about anything i.e. beef, pork, lamb, duck, old car tyres etc.

Archived