Complete France Forum

16th Arrondissement

I was reading in the Times (Friday 4th p34) , about the 16th in Paris, and how this is a high end area, with the likes of Nicolas Sarkozy living there. Seems the mayor wishes to build a shelter for migrants/ immigrants/refugees, in the park.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

For years these selfless politicians have only allowed the residents of the suburbs and beyond to enjoy this cultural enrichment, which they all embrace so fully, (and very selfless of them too), but I think that they should also be able to benefit from their policy of cultural inclusion also.

How cosmopolitan it will be for them, rubbing shoulders with Eritrea and Sudan's finest, when visiting the local stores and cafes.

Perhaps we here in the UK should propose similar for the Westminster, Knightsbridge, and Chelsea areas of our capital.

As it was our politicians who all welcomed these wonderful enriching people to Europe, they, like their French counterparts, should be allowed also to reap the joy of their multicultural policy's to the full in their daily life.

@ ebaynut

Why do you have a picture of Trump as your avatar ?

You do realise this man (the worlds thickest man BTW....voted in by the worlds thickest people) will end humanity.

That would include yourself and your family. !!!!

Ditch the idiot avatar otherwise no one will take your posts seriously.

BTW, have you ever lived in Paris ?

What a couple of sad sacks you two really are.

Nothing to do with you two who has what avatar.

DT is doing ok for the people of the USA - the thick ones are you two who don't take the trouble to actually find out what is going on there - but you just want to follow the liberal sheep and slag him off because it's easier Eh?

Trump has succeeded in getting millions of people off health cover, putting thousands of soya bean farmers out of business (as things stand), reduced America to a laughing stock, given a huge tax reduction to the very rich, reduced the office of President of the USA to the status of a sleazy gameshow host.......... Just the first few things that come to mind, excluding the environmental damage he has done........

Real jobs , hmmmmmm, not so sure either, but plenty of low paid stuff.

Most Americans appear to disagree with your assessment Harnster

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx

The nutter does make a good suggestion - the countries are far too polarised between the haves and havenots currently.

Oh yes - the wall, it's protecting legal citizens from illegal immigration - they are queuing up from South America to get through Mexico into the US - walls are good!

And Obamacare, which recently got so compulsorily expensive that it was bankrupting the people who are working to pay it's bills to provide health care to the feckless, lazy and workshy who don't pay anything.

And the guns - like the the ones householders use to protect themselves against the drug crazed scum that want to break into their houses and steal rape and murder? You want to take the legal guns away of course!

And as for "A Little Bit Stupid"

What's it to you what my forum name is and where I live?

And a majority of americans think DT is doing a good job - except the liberals of course!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2018/04/28/time_to_admit_trump_is_doing_a_good_job_441038.html

@ Hanser

What is he doing for America exactly apart from providing endless entertainment for Mr Putin.

He must be the most hated figure in the world.

That obese pusĆŖy grabbing non toilet trained yellow thing that only eats big macs at night because he thinks people want to poison him is going to destroy the world.

You included you fecking idiot.

Yours...

A little bit cleverer than yooooou.

Harnser: not being sarcastic, but a majority is normally more than 50% of the total, not 40% ish.

Slightly better than very low is still low.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

is more appropriate than an opinion - dare I say fake news.

His blind support of the war-mongering Israeli racist government is truly frightening.

ebaynut, had you not realised that Grenfell Tower was in Kensington along with other tower blocks. And even though there were perfectly legal tennants living there there  were those who were not. So this argument won't wash really.

So, we are all in agreement then, the camp in the 16th is a great idea, and that the same should be done in London. Question is, do we propose Hyde Park, Green park or St Jame's?

I think all three personally, as the more diversity the Westminster elite enjoy the better, They must also be allowed to share the joy of Cultural enrichment, the same as the pleasure enjoyed by those living in Luton, Bradford and Rotherham. It was after all, their great idea for cultural inclusion, so its only fair they benefit the same as the rest of the UK.

WOW, all these posts on this thread, and only one addresses the original. Thank you Idun, but a tower block is not the same as a refugee camp/centre.

Clearly some of you are suffering from TDS (Trump derangement syndrome), well don't worry, only another six and a half years to go, and W/B talking of the wall, here is what the DNC think of it, take it away Barack,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQJlmFqUA8w

But there are refugees and their support in Kensington and Chelsea. Nutter - a quick google before posting is called for.

In terms of the "democratic" party video Nutty posted, I do agree, probably along with most, that entry into another country should be lawful.Trumps racist approach is, however, totally unacceptable to anybody with any scrap of humanity. .One speaker did acknowledge that the US was indeed a country of immigrants but it should be managed correctly.

BTW slightly off topic but vast sways of the SW USA was originally in Mexico before forcefully taken. So there must be an affinity for some Mexicans who wish to return (as well as for economic gain).

Repeat - Trumps "make america white again" attitude is despicable.

Just a point Ebaynut.

I used live in the 16th once a upon a time.

If you have a look on google maps you will see that the largest part of the 16th in Paris is the Bois de Boulogne. The Bois de Boulogne is very big.

The Bois de Boulogne has a very much deserved reputation. I'm sure you have heard of it. There are lots and lots of undesirable women and blokes selling their body to other undesirables.....you no, the Trump type customers. Then you have the undesirable pimps who I guess you don't want to have an argument with. I think every speciality is catered for there is you know what I mean.

Not a very nice in many places both during the day and night. Littered with tissues I might add.

I used cycle every other day around Bois de Boulogne. If I told you the things I have seen your hair will probably grow back. The Brazilian blokes dressed as women were the scariest. The lipstick !!!! They look like they should be working at Disney world. Then there are the grannies in their beat up old vans. Some must be 60 +++.

Just in case your interested, they would leave a towel or rag hanging from the door to let you know they are available. Or is it the other way around. Anyway, there are plenty to choose from 24/7.

I'm not sure life will change much for those of live in the posher part of the 16th.

[quote user="idun"]ebaynut, had you not realised that Grenfell Tower was in Kensington along with other tower blocks. And even though there were perfectly legal tennants living there there  were those who were not. So this argument won't wash really.[/quote]

Grenfell Tower is/was a residence located in North Kensington and

demographically a world apart from areas such as South Kensington,

Belgravia, Chelsea, Knightsbridge and Brompton etc. The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is not referred to as the 21st arrondissement of Paris for nothing.

Archived