Complete France Forum

Nimes....'a place in the drugs'.

Nimes becomes the latest city in France being lost drugs.

https://www.lci.fr/societe/video-a-nimes-des-quartiers-otages-d-une-guerre-meurtriere-entre-trafiquants-de-drogue-2179597.html

It joins places such as...

Marseille, Grenoble, Besancon, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nantes..and many more.

I used to like Nimes. Not sure I would visit again.

France has a problem.

Not just the cities, there have been problems in villages and small towns for as long as I can remember.

Trouble is that no government does a thing about any of it. They simply do not.

Me I'd legalise brothels and drugs, some, maybe all, and then get the revenue from them.

I shall add to that, that if say I wanted to transfer 50k€ or £'s, everyone would want to know where I had got it from, and it would be an inquisition, and yet, what controls are really done on the millions, billions that are floating round and where is this money coming from???????? Money laundering controls, mon oeil!

As with Marseille, the areas affected by this terrible activity aren’t any that most of us would ever visit. Not at all good for those who live in those areas of the city or their families.

Would it put me off going to Nîmes? Not at all.

Our small town isn’t far from Nîmes, and before Covid I went there often on the bus, it’s a city I love wandering around, suddenly coming upon the Roman arena on foot or by car is amazing experience! It still is after 30+ years of visiting.

The centre used to be a bit of a mess, but the last 10 years or so has seen a huge change.

There were certainly drugs in my old village and they were found at the Lycee in the local small town. I don't think they checked the college but from what I heard, this was not because they were not there.

I remember seeing a report on french tv about some villages and small towns where there was a severe drug problem, the particular report I saw was about villages in the south of France, and they were clear that these were examples and a national problem......... so it is not just a big town or city problem, it is everywhere.

In fact I would imagine that it is literally everwhere, on most of the planet.