Complete France Forum

Lockdown weekends

It seems that the Pas de Calais is gonna be locked down for the next three weekends, ostensibly for two days but I guess it could be extended, following the serious outbreak at Dunkerque. Caused, apparently by lorry drivers from UK which I seriously doubt. Can they never admit their own stupidity, in this case a failure to keep to distancing? Never heard of school holidays which are the biggest spreaders of all?

Grrrrrrr.

Of course there is talk of it happening here too Wooly.  I still have my doubts that they will do it.

Even if they do, I do not believe a weekend curfew will change the numbers we are seeing each day.  I'm also not sure it would be enforced as nothing is in the town in which I live.

If you want to slow down the numbers and reduce the surge in hospital admissions, to me, the only thing you can do is bring back a total lockdown for at least one month.  Even that won't work for very long if they can't get us vaccinated. 

If they could get a large number of us vaccinated during the full lockdown, that might help.  Yet, in this morning's news, various Mayors and Doctors in France were expressing their anger on the delay of the roll out and doubts that all adults who want the vaccination will have it by end of Summer.

Earlier, I said to OH, they had better do something soon because as soon as we start seeing regular sunny days and 18-20 degree temperatures they will have to bring in the tanks to stop people from breaking the rules in large numbers.

Even our delivery guys no longer wear masks.