Complete France Forum

France to Crete

Can it be done?

We live in Correze and want to spend some time with friends who moved to Crete and I can't seem to find any info on flights direct from France to Crete.  Bellgarde at Limoge certainly doesn't do it.  Does anyone know of any cheap flights available?

Air France's website is hopeless and their flts are so pricey, you might as well not bother.

Unless I'm mistaken, neither Easyjet nor RA go there.  Someone like Monarch or Thomson might.

Best bet might be back to the UK and onward with BA (who do at least go there).

Easyjet fly from Paris Orly direct to Athens (about €140 inc taxes return in June) and I guess from there you could catch the ferry (6 hrs on the fast ones) to Crete or an internal flight on Olympic or Aegean.  There are also various charters from Stansted if you have a Ryanair flight from your local airport which could link up.  We have often found that the cheapest way of getting to many places in Europe is flying Ryanair to Stansted from Pau (our nearest airport) and then on to wherever we want to go - even with an overnight included each way it usually works out less expensive.

Archived