Complete France Forum

Flights Dept 27 (Eure) to Blackpool

Kitty

One of my children (who is 17 so can fly alone) has a summer holiday job in department 27 (Eure in Normandy).  She needs to fly from Department 27 to Blackpool in August.

Where do I find out what airports she needs to fly from and to?  Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

With thanks

Cathy

I am sure someone will be able to answer that however if your daughter has to make her own way from the airport to Blackpool I do know that the train services in and out of Manchester airport are good and it would probably be easier than Liverpool airport in that respect.

Great - so I now know one side of the equation.  I'm not sure if anyone can pick her up by car or not so it's good to know that there's a rail link as well as a road one.

Does anyone know the nearest airport to Dept 27 (Eure)?  Or a website where I can find out?  Is it going to be Paris?

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]Bet it would be faster if you used the internet to search for your question and also would help using your brain rather than using other peoples.[/quote]

Auch, Froggie.  What side of the bed did you get out of this morning?

I have been Googling and using Google Earth & Michelin but couldn't tell which were the airports my daughter needed to use.  I don't know either Normandy or Blackpool and some people on the Forum will have local knowledge.

I wouldn't have asked the question if I had been able to find out the answer.

What a brilliant site, Clair.  I see that there is a flight from Manchester to Angers.  Great.  I shall investigate more.

Froggie - I think that you need to think more carefully before you post hurtful posts.

[quote user="powerdesal"]Cathy, I feel sure there will be a National Express coach between Manchester airport and Blackpool, its a civilised way to travel and not expensive. Google "National Express".
[/quote]

Thanks Steve.  Will do.

As an alternative to the big, or more publicised, airlines, you might like to look at www.skysouth.co.uk which flies to various airports in northern France from Shoreham (Brighton). Brighton is easy to reach by public transport from other places in Britain. The timings might not work for you, but worth a look I think.

How very interesting Will.  The flight cost isn't too bad either (in August one way it's 110 euros) and you won't have the stress of large airport check-ins. 

I've forwarded it to my two brothers who live in the north of France.

Archived