Complete France Forum

CDG Terminal 1

Ok, I'm flying to Philadelphia from Terminal 1 at CDG in 2 weeks time.

Have decided to drive to the airport (seems the cheapest option) and park at the car park Pr as shown on the below map

http://mappery.com/map-of/Charles-de-Gaulle-Airport-Map

Does anyone know how far the car park is from terminal 1? Is it a walk or a bus trip?

Also, is internet access available on most long haul flights these days? A friend of mine went to Las Vegas last year and had it.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]is internet access available on most long haul flights these days? A friend of mine went to Las Vegas last year and had it.[/quote]The answer is a qualified yes but it depends entirely on the particular airline so you need to do some specific research.

Bonne voyage.

The parking area you indicate isn't far from T1, but security considerations mean that walking anywhere outside the immediate vicinity of an airport terminal is, shall we say, strongly discouraged. So you take the shuttle train - the blue line on your map. It's only one stop away, and there's no charge.

T1 isn't exactly the best appointed airport terminal in the world, so if you want to do any shopping or eating, do so before you go through the controls. There's not a lot after.

[quote user="La Guerriere"]The interesting thing about T1 is that you have to walk about 300 degrees round it find whatever you want IRRESPECTIVE of the direction you start off in ....[/quote]

I agree. You go round in ever-decreasing circles, take escalators from near the top of the 10-floor building down to underground tunnels and re-emerge miles away in one of the seven satellite buildings... I don't know what the T1 architect was on when he designed it, but I would like to have a bottle or two.

Just in case you are not feeling nervous enough, that same architect was also responsible for one of the Terminal 2 halls, and a terminal at Dubai airport. Both of them collapsed. But as CDG T1 has been standing since 1968, I think it's safe, even though it's strange.

Just hope you've got a current Visa then, Richard!  No Visa, No Gateway, see?

PS Was going to PM you this as friends I had to lunch the other day talked at length about the difficulty of getting an American Visa, having to apply in person, etc etc.  But I am sure you are too sensible not to already have this in place![:D]

Archived