Complete France Forum

Here we go again ...

Airports at Bergerac, Beziers, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Carcassonne,

Grenoble, La Rochelle, Marseille, Montpellier, Nimes, Pau, Perpignan,

Rodez, St Etienne, Toulon are all closed until midnight tonight.

Regards

Pickles

At least they seem have a lighter take on it this time so far. If safety can be paramount while just closing airports for shortish periods, at least it shouldn't end up with huge numbers of people grounded and helpless. I heard a few minutes ago on R4 that international flights will be delayed by about 15 minutes, as they have to divert round the ash cloud.

We drove north on Wednesday and Thursday, and will also drive back to France next week, so we won't be stuck this time. My brother and sister in law flew to Madeira a couple of days ago; I'm hoping they won't be caught up in all this, plus they are due to come out on their first visit to us via Montpellier soon after their planned return to UK.

Not only volcanic ash causing problems.

My son, his OH and daughter are due to fly out to Crete in two weeks, likewise my friend is scheduled for Lesvos next week - both are waiting to see if the civil unrest in Greece will cause the airports etc to close through strike action. Of course, they aren't bothered about the going back bit - its the getting there they want!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived