Complete France Forum

BA Gatwick-Nice

Sprogster

As part of the expansion of their Gatwick services, British Airways are reinstating their Gatwick to Nice service next March, There are three flights a day and prices seem to start at £50 each way inclusive of all taxes and 23kg luggage allowance.

Good to see that Easyjet will get some competition on this route as they were hardly low cost!

[quote user="gardengirl "]I must be very behind the times - I didn't know they'd stopped the service![/quote]

Wasn't it one of the routes that was being operated by GB Airways as a BA franchisee (as was the LGW-MPL route) prior to Easyjet taking over GB Airways?

Was not part of the GB franchise, but a long standing BA route. Three years ago BA decided to move the flights from Gatwick to Heathrow and London City.

I believe that with the prospects of a third Heathrow runway killed off, BA are now re-growing their Gatwick base to allow for expansion.

My OH prefers BA, as with the two items of hand luggage allowance, she does not have to cram her handbag into her rollerboard! Even that seems flexible, as they also seem to allow you to take on several shopping bags as well!

Archived