Complete France Forum

ROISSY.......... is it REALLY? Is Charles de Gaulle Aeroport really still Roissy????

idun

Why oh why cannot I not get the SNCF.fr web site to work well.  I cannot just ask for aeroport de Charles de Gaulle Paris, ah no, nothing so simple. Has to be something like TGV Roissy Charles de Gaulle perhaps and then if I get that wrong, in fact when I get it wrong all the time I get:-

Aucune gare ne correspond à la ville d’arrivée. Veuillez modifier votre saisie.

Again and again and again!!

And the web site is soooo slooowwww!

If you plug in just 'Paris', CDG will come up as an option on the dropdown.

The biggest problem is the site speed, as you say.  I fired off a snottogram to their customer services people a few weeks back and got a reply saying that they were aware of the problem, keep trying, etc, etc.  Not good though - they need to learn from the lc airlines.

Well done you for getting a reply, aware they say! It has been like this for 10 years now and I reckon actually worse than it used to be.

I did try Paris tonight and no drop down options came up at all.

The SNCF.co.uk site is not bad in comparison, but there again, the sncf.fr one couldn't really be worse.

Gardien's suggestion works for me on the French site.

Try typing "Aeroport Paris" into the arrivée box and as you complete the word you should see 3 choices appear, one for the TGV station, and two others for the RER stations at terminals 1 and 2.

Typing "Roissy" brings up the same 3 destinations.

"Paris" brings up a choice of 9 destinations.

If you don't see this maybe it's a browser setting, "compatibility" mode perhaps, although they say it's compatible with the following browsers:

Nous nous efforçons de rendre notre site accessible depuis n'importe quel navigateur parmi cette liste :

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8 et 9
  • Mozilla Firefox 3.6 et versions supérieures
  • Opéra 10 et versions supérieures
  • Apple Safari 4 et versions supérieures
  • Google Chrome 10 et versions supérieures

I thought I would try and see if there was still the impossibility of finding TGV Haute Picardie, after having to close down no end of poxxy pop ups for customer satisfaction surveys (are they kidding or what!) I get to the locate a gare page and suddenly am assaulted by unwanted music coming out of my computer at high volume [:@]

No obvious way to get rid of the infernal row so I backnavigate to this site only for SNCF radio to start howling at me again, I am afraid that I lost it then and most of my breakfast is now on the screen!

72% subsidised by the public purse and still a damned expensive way to travel, a web site that is still nul after 10 years and they want to survey customer satisfaction?...................................

If I experience difficulty with the SNCF website, then I just pop in to our local 'boutique' at the local station.

They're usually pretty good at 'forcing' what you want, but it helps to know precisely which train you want.  This isn't much help to you though Idun.

Going back to the website itself, the only (very slight) excuse that I'd give them at the moment is that this is obviously a very peak activity time.

I only rarely have the sound switched on; I turn it on when I want it but otherwise leave it off. This was how we worked in the office back in the day; if everyone had sound switched the beeps and rings became really distracting and annoying. Thus I wasn't even aware that the SNCF site had any background noise.

Drop down menu is working now. Will that teach me to look stuff up in the middle of the night?

I had a look at the SNCF.co.uk web site and that was OK. I just never thought of looking it up the other night. Whether it would have been OK the other night, I have no idea.

My local gare used to be fine.

Chancer, maybe you should look up TGV Gare aux Betteraves?[Www]

I must recommend the SNCF app for the iPad.

It's incredibly quick with the information, and you can even choose places of departure or arrival on a map.

Typing in the first three letters of "aeroport" brought up roissy pronto. Haven't tried Haute Picardie yet, Chancer, but will give it a go!

Angela

Archived