Complete France Forum

Britanny Ferries : Restoring Goodwill

Frederick

I was handed a letter on checking in on my return which stated that as a wish to restore goodwill after the strike ,,,,They could see from the booking I had been stuck in France . They were sorry for any inconvenience I had suffered and my restaurant meals would be reduced in cost by 25% Anything I wanted to buy excluding drink and tobacco from the shop would be reduced by 15% .. As it was leaving at 11 pm and I was going straight to the cabin and the shop was closed on arrival in Portsmouth they did not lose anything by that offer . I suppose we could say they making an effort to win us back....

We did not get given a letter, 25% discount in the restaurant would have been welcome. However were so pleased that we did not have to drive to Calais.

B.F.  were very apologetic and helpful with the re-booking.

As "B.F. club" members we were given a better daytime cabin yesterday. We had an 4 berth cabin with porthole instead of the usual 2 berth inside cabin. B.F.  are apparently refunding difference in cost between Bilbao crossing and St Malo crossing and paying cost of  petrol Bilbao to St Malo. Ferry was very empty and there were fewer staff than usual.

They are still trying to make amends.....This arrived today..... The three months extension of the Club membership helps

With the dispute behind us, we now look ahead to the run up to Christmas and 2013.

Over the past three weeks, as well as disruption to travel plans, the value of your membership will have been reduced. So to acknowledge this, we will add an additional three months to your membership, free of charge. You don’t need to do anything to claim this, as we will amend your details shortly.

For those of you affected by cancelled sailings, our teams are working very hard to process refunds and reply to enquiries as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding over the past couple of weeks and we look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Yours sincerely

Mike Bevens

Group Commercial Director

[quote user="JeanS"]

I didn't get one - just a reminder to renew my membership.  Where they only for people who had been affected by the strike?

[/quote]

How would they know you haven't been inconvenienced, you may have been going to travel but delayed your plans because of the strike. Phone them up and ask [I]

"JeanS wrote the following post at 14/10/2012 16:05:

I didn't get one - just a reminder to renew my membership.  Where they only for people who had been affected by the strike?"

I expect so, they would see which people had been inconvenienced and had their bookings cancelled.

Archived