Complete France Forum

Julia Roberts " Au Naturel" !

Frenchie

RH - you said, deodorants work better on shaved armpits. But one of the functions of body hair is to trap air so that the area doesn't over-heat. So unshaven areas produce less sweat, and are less likely to have sweat rash. Any woman who has had a baby in a hot climate knows this [:$]

I think that we're going through a strange phase with regard to personal appearance.

I know that many women feel pressured to remove naturally occuring hair, not just from their armpits, but from their faces too. Asian women, in particular, get very embarrassed about it with some of the strongest pressures coming from the men in their own communities. I've even met a couple of American men who keep their forearms hair free.

And what about these anorexic women who have plastic breasts implanted ? I find that very odd.

It's also woe betide you if you get old - look at the tone of this report about Goldie Hawn. I think she looks wonderful at 62.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=551748&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

OK - rant over - Clair perhaps you could make that clickable for me ?

Hoddy

Archived