Complete France Forum

Bande foirée?

Chancer

I try to understand and commit to memory at least one usefull word or phrase a day, the above will be todays when someone can explain it to me. I hope that the spelling is right.

It was used by my neighbour to either describe my character or the act of saving something that I thought that he might make use of.

He said it was not a vulgar phrase which confused me, he could not find a synonym or another way to describe it except that Coluche had formed one to raise money for les restos du coeur, at least I think that what he meant.

Anyone know?

Enfoiré est un terme injurieux performatif dérivé du verbe « enfoirer », synonyme d'« emmerder ». Il a perdu ce sens et prend ceux de « bon à rien », « imbécile » ou « personne malfaisante ».

Mmmm.......... [blink] I can understand Coluches humour in naming his band of benevoles, and I think I can now see why my neighbour hastened to add "it is not meant as an insult" and had a I wish that I hadnt said that look on his face whilst trying (and failing) to explain it!

Could you please explain the circumstances a bit more?

It is generally derogatery, except in Coluche's case with this bunch of singers.

To me there's a difference between " enfoiré, va !!" ( changes the meaning whether said with a smile or not !!)

and " bande d enfoirés " which is always derogatery, except when Coluche uses it .

Archived