Complete France Forum

Boris Johnson on France Inter

Chancer

I commend you to watch the video of the interview on this link: http://www.myboox.fr/actualite/boris-johnson-nous-les-anglais-sommes-les-bons-europeens-ac-21987.html

I am not a fan neither of the man nor his politics but I have nothing but admiration for and was inspired by his performance in French.

I would be interested to hear if the French got his humour but they cant have failed to see from his face when he was making a joke.

I loved his closing comment!

Given your politics and the usual force of your expression of them that is praise indeed Norman.

I agree wholeheartedly, I guess that I havnt seen a lot of UK news and maybe they just love to portray him in the worst light but that is the first time that I have really appreciated his charisma and as you say, talent, for it to shine through under those difficult circumstances really is an achievement.

I have agreed to do some off the cuff translation soon that involves speaking on a microphone to a large gathering and it has been daunting me, his performance inspired me.

I guess what I can learn from him is to be (seen to be) at ease with my unease.

Did you ever see the time he gave a speech outside Parliament in Latin? He was campaigning for the continuing teaching of classics in secondary schools.

What Boris does as Mayor affects me and my family directly, and I would have him as Mayor over Ken Livingstone (for whom I used to have great admiration back in the old GLC days) every time.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Well, thank you too... you're very kind. I've just launched another stream of consciousness into the ether.[:)]

[/quote]

Dream homes. I have some trouble with the concept. I enjoyed reading your musings though. However this is a not a discussion for a Boris Johnson header.

Archived