Complete France Forum

Help with a sentence

Eilsel

lol, sadly your sentence did not make any sense Eilsel and you've left posters guessing as to what on earth you could mean.

If you still need help, then please write down what you want to say in french, in english and then maybe someone will be able to help you.

And there is nothing wrong with Chancer's guesses, I understand all four lines.[:D]

I edited my first message, what I wanted to say was "you waste the water" but I already guess it's very wrong lol

[quote user="idun"]

And there is nothing wrong with Chancer's guesses, I understand all four lines.[:D]

[/quote]

My french (as you can see) is veeeery basic so I didnt understand him.

Thanks for replying! :)

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Chancer"]

Vous gaspillez de l'eau

[/quote]

+1; wins my vote.

Sue

[/quote]

Correct verb Chancer, although ok as a phrase (no need to say "de l'eau"), it lacks meaning in the context of a phrase.

- If you are telling kids to stop playing with the tap " Arretez de gaspiller l'eau"

or "Vous gaspillez beaucoup trop d'eau en laissant le robinet ouvert"

Well you have me there sweet17. I have no idea why I would say 'pouce' at all. No idea of what it would mean.

I have been known to say 'ma puce' to my or other kids, but never pouce. 

Please explain.

And the way we speak french, well  does the word eau even have to be used. I daresay if someone was wasting water in front of me, I would likely say quel gaspillage!, the look they would get would say the rest and that I was 'not amused'.

[quote user="sweet 17"]Id, if you held your thumb out in front of you and say "pouce", it's the equivalent "stop"!  Useful or what?[:)][/quote]

This is true Sweet17 BUT ......only if you are at Maternelle school level or 6 year old. We used this at school in the middle of a game to stop everything happening in order to explain something. Can't think of a way for it being used in an adult discussion.

[quote user="ericd"]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Id, if you held your thumb out in front of you and say "pouce", it's the equivalent "stop"!  Useful or what?[:)][/quote]

This is true Sweet17 BUT ......only if you are at Maternelle school level or 6 year old. We used this at school in the middle of a game to stop everything happening in order to explain something. Can't think of a way for it being used in an adult discussion.

[/quote]

Hah, I can, eric!

What about le roi des andouilles, my neighbour, who was burning wet green stuff in his garden, making so much acrid smoke that I couldn't breathe even taking extra puffs of my inhaler?

Well, he didn't actually stop until I had a word with the maire who then had a word with him.

If adults WOULD behave like naughty children, then they deserve to be treated the same way [:'(]

Archived