Complete France Forum

advice on which cooker please

kayc

my present oven is useless it burns on the bottom whilst still being raw on the top I have almost given up on it but before I send it to emmaus could somebody please give me some advice on what to replace it with !!!!  I only have calor gas thanks

I was discussing with an English friend tonight her problems with a calor gas oven, she feels that each bottle of gas results in a different temperature (she has checked with an oven thermometer) and she has to readjust her cooking settings accordingly.

Then I had a moment of inspiration: perhaps bottled gas ovens are just souped up camping ovens and don't thermostatically control the temperature as would an electric oven.

Then we got to questioning whether a UK mains gas oven has a thermostat and couldn't decide.

So maybe there is a thermostatically controlled bottled gas oven that actually cooks at an even regulated temperature? But then what would I know about cooking?

what make is yours ?? mines a fagor which I know is a cheapy model so I am hoping by going upmarket it might be better, Cannot have an electric one as we have not got a rewiring job yet and we are always having blooming power cuts as well (reminds me of wales!!)

Archived