Complete France Forum

Chandeleur

Clair

It's La Chandeleur on Friday 2nd February.

At home, we always prepared the mix in the morning before going to school and leave it to rest all day.

There'd be enough for at least 30 to 40 large crêpes, as we used to make a complete meal with a combination of fillings: ham, cheese, egg, spinach, béchamel, mushrooms, beurre salé et confiture, Nutella, stewed apples... We made sure there'd be some left to eat cold for breakfast too!

How do you eat yours?[:)]

You think this one has gone "quiet."  I guess all forums have their ups and downs.  So many I see are the same issues over and over and over.  That drives me mad.  Like you, I take a break from them for a while.

Can someone tell me what chandeleur is??

[quote user="Just Katie "]

I dont know Lori, I think the forum has gone a bit quiet and well.......... boring if I am to be honest.  Sorry.

[/quote]

LOL JK[:D] And this is the most interesting thing at the moment here in rural France in mid winter.......... just think on that. The board and food are the only things to get excited about..........

Sorry Clair, I didn't notice there was a link in the OP. 

While cooking the crêpes, hold a coin in one hand, with the other, flip the crêpe . . . and catch it while making your wish for the new year. If you catch it your wish will be answered, if not, dommage!

Another way to insure good luck is to toss the first crêpe on an armoire and hope that it sticks. If it does stick, you have to keep it there all year and your harvest will be successful.

I'm afraid I'd be hopeless at the first one.  The second one is just too weird !

At least now I know what it is.  Not being Catholic, I had no idea.  Catholic husband isn't here for me to ask...

Thanks for explanation.

Yes, TU, maybe we should post something exciting to wake everybody up ....  you first.

I like mine with lemon juice and sugar, or maybe maple syrup on the very last one.  Mr Cat likes his with cassonade and butter, or with jam.  But then he likes cassonade on brussel sprouts, pasta or haricot beans!  They learn some strange habits up on those northern French farms [+o(]

[quote user="Just Katie "]I have stopped posting here because I am helping my son knit woolly hats and jumpers.  It is more exciting.  I think the forum needs someone new and naughty.[:D][/quote]

Lemon Shoes has bought a laptop - that'll make it more interesting!

Go and make some pancakes for your poor children you bad mother!

Is it pancake day today?[blink]

I dont think they will be interested in pancakes.  My daughter is dying my sons friends hair.  My sons friend is going out with her friend who is desperately trying to be funny to get some attention.  My son is winding my dog up who is jumping all over the place, my husband is at the other side of the table doing some sort of property deal on his laptop and YOU WANT ME TO TOSS B LOODY PANCAKES IN THE MIDDLE OF IT ALL?[:@]

Archived