Complete France Forum

circulon baking tins

idun

Thankyou for saying that, I have never been able to afford the pans, they are expensive. As with these baking things, I'll buy in a sale if ever I find a good one.

ps I spent £54 on them all and thought I would regret it if I didn't buy 'everything' I fancied.

I would be interested in the loaf tins - do you know how much they are, for a 2lb loaf?

I have normal loaf tins and use paper liners, but it would be good not to have to line them.

Looked online and they were in dollars.

And that was the one thing I didn't buy. And I picked them up and then put them back. They were something like £6 or £8 each, but here is a link where they are not too expensive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=circulon+loaf+tin&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=13609769034&ref=pd_sl_4yew6gwlgz_b

I have some tefal loaf tins, but don't use them much, hence I didn't feel the need to buy more. Also I am a big kid about some things. Little silly things please me enormously, so when I bake my bread, I put the preformed dough on a baking tray, either two, three or four of them, all separate. During the second rising they grow and spread out and touch, and are all joined up when they bake. Me, I just love it when I pull them all apart when they are baked. Don't know why, just me, they say that little things amuse little minds and they could be right![Www]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

You make me a very envious woman!

I don't have baking tins and trays but I do have a whole set of circulon pans and they are top notch.

[/quote]

Sweet17, I have just been surfing and seen some circulon pans on the web at prices I might consider. So I have a question for you. As I am bad with non stick, ie I just cannot be bothered and use metal implements on it, do you think circulon would be up to my metal potato masher and metal serving spoons? If not then maybe I won't bother.

Yes, I do use metal utensils but not all of the time and, when I do, I am careful not to be too "vigorous".  I have read that they will stand up to metal but I am a bit on the cautious side as I live in France and I never want to spend loadsa money just on postage.

They heat up very evenly and are a dream to wash.

Edit:  idun, I read the Care Instructions and they do say not to use metal implements.  I mash potatoes with a metal tool but I wouldn't, for example, use a metal whisk. 

They are fine if you are sensible and don't expect them to be scraped about with metal spoons, etc.

Thanks, that is what it says on the baking tins too, and I have been good with the one I have used, but I am lazy mare, so will be back to using my knives etc on them all too soon. My tefal cake tins  can take it, using the knives, and I put them on the gas rings when I make my tarte tatin too and they are fine after all this time, look a bit like me though, slightly worn[Www].

Strangely QVC's Cook's essentials will take metal on non stick, including whisks. I only have one of their cook pots, but so far so good.

Have used a couple of them, including for yorkshire puddings and they have been great so far. I am having trouble keeping metal things from them though,  I apparently have trouble 1) obeying rules 2) using wooden implements 3) using plastic implements......I'm sure there are other sorts of implements out there, silicon? whatever, I like metal and circulon say that circulon doesn't like metal.

So we'll see how they do in the long term, for now I am happy!

After reading this I now want to buy some of those circulon baking trays etc. I could really do with a new quiche tin; I managed to make my lovely so-called non-stick stick; I put too much egg mixture in, it ran inside down the sides, burned, and is now awful! I'll hold off till back in UK - maybe in the sales or from Amazon! I don't need pans, as I have new ones ready for my new kitchen, due at the beginning of August; The current one was already in the house 30 years ago when we bought - not to my taste and now old - but I hate throwing things out if there's nothing wrong with them!

Ah my, I haven't got away with the tesco heavy gauge, I'm obviously brutal with my bake ware, as it too started to stick after few uses and was never as 'non stick' as these circulon ones.

Good job I can make light pastry and cakes[;-)]

id, what on earth do you do with those tins?

I've had mine for years.  However, I don't, for example, use a knife to cut a cake or a quiche whilst it's still in the pan and I don't use wire scourers and the like when cleaning them.

[:$] Use a knife to cut things, even sharp knives.

And that brings me to the loose bottomed ones, I have never used them, apart from christmas cake tins. Do you really get your quiches out of their bakeware as a whole tart, rather than in slices? I have never done that.

I think that I have said that I cook well, and I do, but serving and I am very very bad at it. I wouldn't dare try and remove anything made of pastry but little pastry tarts from their mould when cooked. I'm bad enough serving slices, never mind the whole lot ending up as a 'mess' on the table at best, or floor.

In fact I am renouned for serving badly, doesn' t matter what it is either, and I ask friends if they want one lump or two when say, serving them with a slice of cake and I have been known to get some applause if I manage to get something decent looking on a plate. Maybe I should change my name to Madame Maladroite?[6]

For loose-bottomed quiches, I stand them on a tin of baked beans or something; the ring falls away, and then the quiche just slides off onto a cooling tray, dish or whatever. Apart from my favourite one now isn't non-stick, so needs a helping push or two after the ring part drops away!

gardengirl, just slide it[:)][:)][:)] I think that I have tried that once.  When 'slide' seemed to translate immediately into 'casse' and my pate brisé really was[Www]

sweet17, everyone always tells me that 'it'll' taste good, and whatever it is does. Still wouldn't it be nice if I could present things nicely too.

Archived