Complete France Forum

Leboncoin Payment Service

nomoss

This does not seem to operate as described in the email I received in December last year:

Nor as described on their web site here:
[url]https://www.leboncoin.fr/p2p/onboarding/?email=1/#xtor=ES-3082-[MASSP2P18][/url]

Yesterday at about 11 am I read 3 messages about a 5 litre container of floor sealant I had for sale.

The first, from a buyer, D, sent at 4.30 am, enquired if it was still available, and offered 14€ for packing and delivery by Mondial Relay. He included his address and phone number, and details of his nearest MR depot.

The second, also from D, sent at 5.00 am said he had validated the order for a total amount including 10€ for delivery by MR. I had no idea where this new figure came from, as no delivery was mentioned in my advert, I had not discussed delivery with anyone, and he had previously offered more.

The third, from LBC, sent at 9.10 am, said D had bought the item and would I confirm it was available. I confirmed it was available but did not agree to accept the offer, as 10€ did not cover the cost of delivery with insurance to cover the value of about 50€.

I immediately received this message:

Bonjour ******,

Nous avons le plaisir de vous annoncer que votre article a été commandé par D :

Pour rappel, vous avez choisi d’envoyer vous-même le colis.

A présent, il ne vous reste plus qu’à expédier le colis à l’adresse indiquée par l’acheteur sous 72 heures.

The address given was D's home address, not MR's depot, and there was no other information.

As I said, I did not accept the offer, and certainly did not choose to send the parcel myself. I really had expected someone fairly local to collect it.

I went to my LBC messagerie to discuss it with the buyer, but found the section for the buyer was greyed out, and my only option was to confirm I had sent the item.

I tried a few times to phone D, but no reply, so I left messages.

This morning I decided not to waste any more time on the matter, so I packed the container in a stout box with plenty of bubble wrap, weighed it, and paid for the shipment by MR. Delivery with insurance cost 13€, but as I was only to get 10€ I paid the minimum of 10€65, as this seemed what D wanted.

About an hour later D phoned. He apologised for not returning my calls, as he had been working long hours. I told him the item was ready to post, and would leave today, also that I am not impressed with LBC's payment system and will never use it again.

He said he would have been happy to use Paypal, but that when he received the offer of only 10€ for delivery using LBC's payment system he decided to accept it. He told me that he thought the offer had come from me.

I am not really happy about the transaction, as I feel I was pushed into it. The messages which purported to be from the buyer seem to be standard ones with the appropriate names and figures inserted. Also, I had to put my bank details on my LBC account in order for them to transfer the payment, which I am not happy about either.

I plan to close my LBC account as soon as I get the money, there is no option to remove my bank details, as the field is greyed out, so that is the only way to remove them.

The same would apply if I simply wanted to use a different account. All in all it seems to me a pretty unsatisfactory system.

Maybe some messages went adrift, as those I received didn't really make sense.

I will revise all my current adverts to say that only cash, cheque, or Paypal is acceptable.

The only problem might be that if they have an offer and ask me if the item is still available, (when I said it was, this  resulted in them taking it as accepting the offer) if I say no they may take down the advert.

Well, in the interest of checking things out (not to mention I really wanted to buy myself a Christmas present), I sent a message to a vendeur via the LBC messagerie.

Had an immediate personal response from the vendeur together with the usual salutations. Then a "standard" message with the sum I needed to pay.  Seemed reasonable, so I paid, using my Nationwide credit card, which was accepted.  I gave them the address of the mondial relay that I like to use and it was job done.

I suppose if you were the vendeur, they'd need your bank details to pay the money into your account.

I also notice that nowadays, there is an icon to say livraison if you are willing to send.  As far as I can remember, this is new.  In the good old days, I had to send a message to ask if they would send and, if so, how much for the fdp.  I have recently sent 2 messages which did not receive any replies but also 2 messages for which I did receive replies.  So don't know what's up with you both as I have no reason to believe that my messages are not getting through.  Mind you, perhaps as a tried and trusted and VERY enthusiastic user of the site, perhaps they have given me special status!!!

Mint, my problem is not with the LBC messaging system, although Norman suggested it might have exacerbated the problem.

If you check what I wrote, my problem is that, even though I neither offered delivery nor a price for delivery in my advert, LBC apparently offered the buyer a price for delivery without my consent or knowledge.

It could be that the buyer made an offer for both the item and the delivery via their new payments service, but if that was the case, I was not asked if I accepted an offer.

Instead, I was asked only if the item was still available, to which I replied that it was, but this  was taken as my accepting the offer, and I was instructed to ship the item.

It would have been a lot clearer if they had asked if I accepted the buyer's offer.

I would contact LBC about this, but I have looked all over their site, and am unable to find any contact method available.

monies wrote : I am not really happy about the transaction, as I feel I was pushed into it. The messages which purported to be from the buyer seem to be standard ones with the appropriate names and figures inserted.

As you describe your experience it sounds extremely dire

to me .. and not at all satisfactory.

Battle on ..

[quote user="mint"]
nomoss, have you had a look at this?

[url]http://comment-contacter.fr/comment-contacter-leboncoin[/url]

[/quote]

Thanks, Mint. I didn't think of searching for a contact address.

Easier than finding one on their website.

I'll have a go at concocting an email to them tomorrow.

The route on LBC's website is well tucked away.

There is an "aide" link at the bottom of the home page.

From there you choose any one of the FAQs, and at the bottom of the answer is a link "Envoyer une demande"

Suggestion for improvement sent [:)]

Bravo, nomoss!

I had to write to them on one single occasion but it was years ago and I couldn't remember which button I had to press[:-))]

But I do remember that they replied pretty quickly.  They also had a useful suggestion on which I acted with excellent results.

My suggestions for improvements email was acknowledged, and a reponse promised within 24 hours, unless a more profound expertise were required.

Apparently that is the case, as no response to date.

Anyway, I sent the parcel by Mondial Relay last Tuesday, but with all the confusion I forgot to go back to my LBC messagerie to click on the button to indicate I had sent it, and the email requesting this had slid well down the list.

Yesterday I received two emails from LBC. The first said "Le colis n'a pas été envoyé, la transaction a donc été annulée", and the second "Nous procédons au remboursement intégral de l’acheteur D"

Fortunately the buyer had sent me his email, as contact with him via the messagerie is still blocked.

I have contacted him by email, and he will send the payment by Paypal once he receives the parcel and gets the refund from LBC.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Next time I get an enquiry about an item I'm selling, I'll make sure I have the buyer's full details before I click any buttons from LBC, as if a buyer makes an offer, with whatever conditions he adds, once the seller simply confirms the item is available, he is obliged either to sell under those conditions, or to have no further contact with the buyer.

Nomoss, that doesn't sound good at all[:(]

This is the first time I have used the payment via the LBC site.

Normally, I send a message and "speak" to the seller direct via email.  In years of transactions, I have only had one person who didn't send the goods, but I had the police onto him and he repaid every centime, although that was in 2 payments.

Now, I am more wary and ask a lot more questions or I telephone.  Must have bought dozens and dozens of things through the years and one bad transaction hasn't put me off.

Hope you get your money, nomoss[:)]

I received the money from the buyer into my Paypal account today. Great, and an honest buyer, not trying anything on.

But - for some reason Paypal converted the Euro amount into Sterling when they put it into my account.

I have asked them why. My principal bank, which is the default payment source, is in France, as is one of my debit cards on the account, a French person sent the money from France, in Euros, and most of my transactions are in Euros, although I occasionally use a UK credit card for sterling purchases.

It's not happened to me before, and I've always had separate balances shown for different currencies.

Waiting for their explanation - as well as still waiting for one from LBC.

[quote user="suein56"]Oh for goodness sake .. this scenario of complication following complication is ridiculous.

Fortunately your was purchaser honest .. it is not always possible to rely on that.[/quote]

Just when you think it can't get any worse.....................

I just received a reply from Paypal :

"Dear Nomoss,

Thank you for contactig (sic) PayPal regarding your request.

First of all, I am so sorry for any inconvenience you have faced.

Dear K**** C********

Thank

you for responding to our requests to further verify your information.

As we cannot lift the receiving limit on your PayPal account until all

requirements have been met, we would appreciate your help with

completing the steps below, so that we can review your account further.

etc. etc......... "

I'm not K**** C********!!!!

FFS!

Nomoss, have you left out the F?  Don't you mean KFC?[8-)]

More seriously, you must be unlucky.  Just been down to the Mondial Relay and collected my parcel.  The contents exceeded expectations so have been back to the site to say I'd received the goods and that there were no problems.

Had a message back to say the transaction was being made and the seller being paid.

[quote user="mint"]
Nomoss, have you left out the F?  Don't you mean KFC?[8-)]

More seriously, you must be unlucky.  Just been down to the Mondial Relay and collected my parcel.  The contents exceeded expectations so have been back to the site to say I'd received the goods and that there were no problems.

Had a message back to say the transaction was being made and the seller being paid.

[/quote]

The payment system seems to work better for the buyer than for the seller.

Well, I received a response from LBC today.

In response to my complaint that my confirmation of availability was interpreted as accepting an offer, they said they had noticed I had not clicked on "colis envoyé", causing the transaction to be annulled, which is nothing to do with the issue.

They also said I should contact the buyer, ignoring the fact that once a transaction is annulled contact is not longer possible with a buyer by their messaging system.

[quote user="nomoss"]........................

Just when you think it can't get any worse.....................

I just received a reply from Paypal :

"Dear Nomoss,

Thank you for contactig (sic) PayPal regarding your request.

First of all, I am so sorry for any inconvenience you have faced.

Dear K**** C********

Thank

you for responding to our requests to further verify your information.

As we cannot lift the receiving limit on your PayPal account until all

requirements have been met, we would appreciate your help with

completing the steps below, so that we can review your account further.

etc. etc......... "

I'm not K**** C********!!!!

FFS!

[/quote]

After replying to this, things went back to square one and I received another standard letter about fees.

I replied to that, but four days later, as I have better things to do, and today got exactly the same standard letter yet again!

I tried to phone but they are closed, so sent another reply.

For some reason, when I write in French to their message system I get replies in English, but the telephone system answers me in French.

In the absence of any response to my last message, on 11 November, I just 'phoned Paypal.

It seems my LBC buyer, as I told him I am English, tried to be helpful, and decided to send his payment in sterling.

Next time I sell something I suppose I'd better specify the currency for the payment, even though we're all in France.

The PP man also apologised for his colleague's sending me someone else's message.

They have put €5 into my account as a gesture of apology[:)]

• 1 month later...
Nomoss, I thought I'd let you know that I too have had a problem tonight.  Agreed to buy an item.  Buyer accepted and I went to pay via the sécurisé bit.  Chose my MR depot but I couldn't enter my name or details as the screen only lasted for split seconds and I keep getting back the messagerie with the choice to accept and pay or refuse.

Tried several times, no joy, screen just wouldn't stay on long enough for me to fill in the necessary boxes.  Very trying.  I wrote to the vendor, telling her what was happening.  Will retry tomorrow.  Damn nuissance!

I have mentioned it several times on here, as I have had terrible problems with my computer, being unable to type, or being unable to input passwords, or any other information. Things would come onto a page and then go and then I would have things looping, you name it, I have had lots of things happening, it has been awful.

It just about drove me round the bend.

A friend came and looked at it a few times and a couple of weeks ago, found that ORCA had been automatically downloaded in an update and I have to go to the processor bit and scroll down to ORCA and 'kill it'. All seems to be working now. But when updates happen it all starts again, and I have to again kill the orca.

edit
so do you have ORCA on your computer mint??? just wondering.