Complete France Forum

Right to compensation caused by grève

[quote user="Russethouse"]Pray don't ! I'm sure Idun will remember how her identity was once given out on the forum and PPP's post did the same.....so was deleted.[/quote]

A don't normally like to go off topic, but just this once I will tell you a cautionary tale about why anonymity is important.

I used to live in a small village and once I asked the parish council to ask dog owners, or make them aware, of the rules about cleaning up after their dogs. One or two were not. Some time later I got a mention in the meeting minutes. Normally, when someone asks a question of the parish council, it is reported anonymously, "one of our parisheners", "a local resident" etc. Unfortunately, this time they printed my name and address. For the following year (before we finally gave up and moved to france), I got dog sh1t through the letterbox, over the garden walls, smeared over the house and my car. Had my tires slashed (twice) and the car keyed. And someone nailed a dead road-kill cat to the front door.

So some people might not think twice about what the consequences are, but I can tell you it isn't funny when it goes wrong.

There are a total of 17 official "interlocuteurs" on the SNCF website pertinent to this thread drawn form a wide range of skills and responsibilities within the corporate SNCF organisation.

Our friend mathieu with the predilection to "tutoyer" does not belong to this group of "interlocuteurs".

• 5 months later...

Archived