Complete France Forum

When did you last chat to les voisins?

[quote user="just john "]

our visitors are a bit more regular

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022343/OAP-David-Bromley-lies-dead-seven-months-French-home.html

[/quote]

Very sad, but some people just choose not to involve themselves and, after a while, they go beyond notice. A woman on my street in London (whom I saw perhaps twice in seven years living there) who spoke to no-one and involved herself in nothing lay dead in her kitchen for four months before someone turned up to cut off the electricity and called the police.

They broke his door down on Tuesday morning after worried neighbours had complained about his garden being over-grown.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022343/OAP-David-Bromley-lies-dead-seven-months-French-home.html#ixzz1U5f2HNMP

I wonder who they complained to ? Good job it was the growing season or he would still be lying there ... This does not surprise me ...and now villagers feel guilty they did not act sooner.. because its now news .

Could easily happen to me, I dont have any direct neighbours, the only friendly one who I do see on regular basis would not be in the slightest bit concerned if I were not around for a few weeks, he knows that when I go to England its often at the drop of a hat and other than him I never tell anyone i am going for security reasons, its a dodgy area.

He has been away for the last few weeks, if he had returned and dropped dead I would not know. i have lost of friends from clubs, sporting activities etc but around here everything stops for les vacances and that includes keeping in touch with friends and neighbours.

If you drop dead it makes no difference anyway, bit of a bummer of you fall or are trapped etc.

Archived