Complete France Forum

waste pipes

Dave D.

hi, I have just created 4 en suite bedrooms upstairs of our house, the problem is that I have 2 bathrooms on each side of the fosse septic and with the toilet downstairs how do I connect up  to the fosse from each side,also are you allowed to have soil pipes on the outside of your house. thanks Dave

[quote user="Dave D."]I have just created 4 en suite bedrooms upstairs of our house, the problem is that I have 2 bathrooms on each side of the fosse septic and with the toilet downstairs ...[/quote]

Crikey I sincerely hope you have a  fosse à toutes eaux large enough to take the discharge from 4 bathrooms et al and not a fosse septique or else you could have a serious problem with smells and/or overload.

Sue [+o(]

Run the small waste pipes (40mm bath, shower & sink) separately until they join the large one or it'll gurgle, connect each large waste (100mm) separately onto the down pipe with a Y junction above or below ground, personally I prefer to join them all above ground to minimize the amount of visible 100mm waste pipes (The vent pipe which can be distinguished by a mushroom cap on top should not be used for anything going "in") & Don't forget to install a screw top rodding point above ground level for each pipe & at any major junction point or every 20 metres it costs a few euros and could save you a lot more in the long run!

soil pipes on the outside is a decision from the marie's office

Bon Chance

• 3 weeks later...

Is that a picture of a stuka exhaust manifold?

I would run branches to an internal 100mm soil pipe with Durgo air admittancevalve at least 1500 above spill over level of highest appliance on system.

At the bottom I would put a slow bend through the wall (Lintel over) then into a rocker pipe than a roddable chamber to copewith any change of direction prior to running to Fosse or mains drains

Archived