Complete France Forum

40 degrees expected !

Frederick

BBC Radio 4 item this morning .....French doctors  including recently retired ones requested to stand by and assist population as temperatures expected to go to 40 ......repeat of a couple of years ago when people went off on holiday leaving granny to cope alone......?

Well its certainly not 40 or even 30°C here in west Brittany at the moment as it is very cloudy with thunder about and a bit chilly to go for a dip. The forecast is for cooler days until Friday. It was supposed to get upto 35°C in the centre of the country today but not 40°C.

Been 30s and 40s in shade in the Lot since beginning of June and very little rain even with dramatic thunder and lightning. Reckon the river is about one and a half metres below norm.Never known anything quite so hot or so dry for such a long period in 16 years living here. Even the locals who are almost black skinned are complaining about the chaud. Its strange that we only have orange Meteo warnings this week.

Is anyone else losing their English TV channels after Nine each night, putting it down to the weather but not sure [8-)]

Thanks for the info Tony.  Have just checked and our well covered therm is showing 36 at the minute and television is starting to break up. Will have to sort out the problem  [geek] we only usually watch it after dinner. Noticed it was a bit cloudier tonight and Meteo forecasting showers [:D]

We didnt think heat affected the signal but this is the first year we have had a problem and also first year we have experienced such intense heat.Channel 4 & 5 and Sky broadcast channels are OK but BBC etc are pixley after 8 in the evening. Sorry to hijack the Health forum but if I dont have my TV it is definitely a problem healthwise.

PS Not sure whether it it is because box is getting too hot during the day [8-)]

PS Will move item to TV etc [:D]

It is hot as h ell here in the Vaucluse (Dept. 84 SE France).  Hits 39 or 40 every afternoon and I am drained !  No energy.  I have no veggies in the house, but really can't seem to muster up the desire to get in the car and go to the grocery ... even though it is air conditioned.  I know I'll have to.

Is there any end in sight to this?  Each time I watch the weather channel, it becomes depressing.  I feel really sorry for the elderly or anyone already weak.  It is amazing how quickly it gets you.

Really hoping for a thundershower.

We got our wish last night and had a thunderstorm - bliss!  It has cleared the air and it felt quite fresh this morning by comparison with recent weeks.  What is more, the forecast high is 27 degrees - marvellous!  A drop of 10 degrees in just 2 days.

Archived